Order Comment disappears?

Created at 28 Apr 2017, 17:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HO

hostingspirit

Joined 11.09.2013

Order Comment disappears?
28 Apr 2017, 17:54

Hello.

I am using the following command to send a market order:

ExecuteMarketOrder(TradeType.Buy, Symbol, volume, label, stopLossPips, takeProfitPips, Slippage, TradeComment)

This works flawlessly in backtest, but when running the robot live, sometimes the comment is not stored with the order.

I use the comment to keep track of orders and where they belong, and after I execute the market order, I try to retrieve the position comment on position open, sometimes it comes back filled in, other times it doesn't. I haven't been able to find a pattern, but it just happens, and more frequently with some instruments.

Is there anything I am doing incorrectly here, or should the comment not be used or trusted?

Thank you.

@hostingspirit
Replies

kricka
29 Apr 2017, 00:44

Comment field trustable

The "Comment" is trusted as we have not had a problem with this. It is used in one of our most popular downloads. Market order 2.0 where the comment field is used.

Your code is almost identical to ours so it's more of a question from your side to rearrange the position of the code and try to test it with a trial and error approach to get it to work.

Market order 2.0 information and download. Market Order 2.0

@kricka