Bot Encryption?

Created at 27 Jun 2013, 17:05
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
WI

WillT

Joined 27.06.2013

Bot Encryption?
27 Jun 2013, 17:05

Hi, we are in the process of writing a bot for cAlgo which is going to be given to our users, however we obviously don't want them to be able to see the code (for pretty obvious reasons) - however from what I can see there is no way to run a robot without a .cs file with plain code? 

Am I missing something?

@WillT
Replies

floydprice
28 Jun 2013, 01:37

Hey!

When you build your bot you will notice that cAlgo creates a .Algo file in the same directory as the CS file... This is the compiled assembly and you can distribute this will an empty CS file to your users. Please note, at the time of writing this its important that you give your users the compiled .algo file AND an empty CS file (of the same name).

Hope this helps?

Floyd

@floydprice

kricka
28 Jun 2013, 07:01

Hi WillT,

to be able for your user to change parameters settings in the robot the cs file have to be readable in cAlgo. For the time being if I understand it right, the only way to make the code secured is by converting it to a dll file through Visual Studio and then obfuscate the code. I hope that cAlgo will in the near future implant encryption possibilities of the the code, for those devolopers who wish so.

This should be very high up on their list to accomplish and lets hope we will se it soon.

@kricka

WillT
29 Jun 2013, 21:30

If you try and use an empty .cs file it simply won't run though. I read in another thread that this was possible, but it definatly won't work unless the .cs file actually has the code in it.

@WillT

cAlgo_Fanatic
01 Jul 2013, 10:15

Just make sure you don't build the empty .cs file.

@cAlgo_Fanatic