No results on VPS, but results on Home PC

Created at 23 Mar 2017, 01:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AN

andi21

Joined 14.12.2016

No results on VPS, but results on Home PC
23 Mar 2017, 01:22

Hello everybody,

probably somebody has encountered the same problem:

if i run optimization in my VPS some passes will have 0 trades so no results. If i save the parameters from that result and play them on my home pc i got results?! And on my home pc i never get results with zero trades, but on the vps there are many of them.

Everything is the same: cAlgo Version, TickData (compared sizes), period and other settings.

Also optimization takes 400 MB on VPS and normally around 700 MB on my Home PC (but that is only by the way and not the topic).

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

@andi21
Replies

andi21
23 Mar 2017, 17:32

I got new info to this topic:

now i also got results in optimization with 0 trades. And it is the same behaviour like i described:

use parameters from optimization with 0 trades in backtesting -> backtesting GOT trades and is running fine.

So strangely same parameters generates 0 trades in opmtization and 900 trades in backtesting (all on the same machine).

Has anybody an idea, perhaps it could be a bug?

@andi21

andi21
23 Mar 2017, 17:36

On more thing:

the run in optimization with 0 trades IS actually running (so it does something), because i got output on OnTick.

@andi21

andi21
23 Mar 2017, 17:40

Perhaps one run (with the 0 trades) thinks it got Positions and so does not open new trade. But the static Positions-Property probably falsely has Positions from other runs - could that be possible (because multithreaded)?

@andi21