Import Metatrader template

Created at 02 Mar 2017, 11:13
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LU

lupeugen@gmail.com

Joined 02.03.2017

Import Metatrader template
02 Mar 2017, 11:13

Hi guys!

Iwas wondering if there is a way to import a Metatrader template into ctrader platform.

Here is my problem : i use price action and historycal levels to trade and i have charts that go on daily to 1970 . I haven't researched ways of importing that much history in ctrader and to be honest i don't need to ...but i'd love to import my levels from mt4 to ctrader( there are only horizontal lines, rectangles and tred lines ) and to keep visual propreties.

Thank you,

Eugen

@lupeugen@gmail.com
Replies

kricka
05 Mar 2017, 20:51

MetaTrader and cAlgo have different approaches how to solve the algorithms for trading. There is no proven way for a direct conversion between the two platforms, that works at this time. The MetaTrader code has to be translated to fit the cAlgo code, that is the only way to end up with a code that works fully out in cAlgo at this moment.

@kricka

lupeugen@gmail.com
05 Mar 2017, 21:40

Hi Kricka,

Thank you for taking the time to respond :) 

Do you think there is a way (using 3rd party code) to export the coordinates (maybe colour specifications too ) from mt4 to ctrader? i know that i might seem lazy but i have arround 300 objects for every pair and i watch 10 pairs so they tend to add up preety  heavy.

Thank you,

Eugen

@lupeugen@gmail.com

kricka
13 Mar 2017, 18:08

Eugen, 
unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to skip the hassle of re-coding your code as it is complex. Even then the MT4 code is so different that it might not even be a possible to recode it in the exact way you want it. cAlgo has it advantages with methods and functions that MT4 does not have and visa verse. My suggestion is therefore, if the MT4 EA you use is very crucial in your trading setup and that you use it within a live trading account environment, it then makes sense to actually pay for the re-coding with any of the coding providers under the consultants tab on the forum. /consultants

@kricka