Where stored the cAlgo/cTrader system the cBot log files?

Created at 26 Jan 2017, 15:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

FMogyi

Joined 13.10.2015

Where stored the cAlgo/cTrader system the cBot log files?
26 Jan 2017, 15:18

I have a following problem:

My cBots allways crashed but I don't know why? I inserted a lot of debug Print lines in my source code to see if the problem occurs  which code line caused the problem.

But the cTrader is stopped too. So I can't see the debug lines in cBot  journal. If I restart the cTrader the cBot journal started as empty.

My question is: where the journal reported?

Thanks

c

@FMogyi
Replies

FMogyi
26 Jan 2017, 15:20

Sorry! Not the journal!

The cBot log file need for me!

@FMogyi

Spotware
26 Jan 2017, 17:28

Hello. 

You can find journal stored locally under the below directory:

C:\Users\"USER_NAME"\Documents\cAlgo\Journals\"BROKER_NAME"

Thanks.

@Spotware

FMogyi
27 Jan 2017, 14:29

Thanks

@FMogyi

FMogyi
30 Jan 2017, 12:23

A little bug in cTrader/cAlgo

1 remark: I use cTrader on VPS where I didn't install cAlgo (cTrader only with  the compiled cBots without sources.).

So the cBot Journal directory and files are not available under cAlgo.  cAlgo directory has  Sources subdir only (with Robots and Indicators) and not more.

I think it would be great if the cTrader installer can create the other important subdirs (as Journal for examle) under cAlgo.

Now If I want to check the cBots journal I have to install cAlgo too. 

BR

@FMogyi

FMogyi
30 Jan 2017, 15:50 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

I install cAlgo. I run a lot of cBots. In the cBot journal section there are a lot of messages but in the specifies file folder the cBot journal file doesn't available.

Do you have any idea why?

@FMogyi

FMogyi
28 Mar 2018, 11:36 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Hello,

I have been waiting the answer for more than 1 year!!!

Where stored the cBots messages?  In the ...Users\"USER_NAME"\Documents\cAlgo\Journals\"BROKER_NAME aren't"

If I run cAlgo the journal file created with the same line:

2018.03.11 10:21:26.133 | cAlgo started

but the generated messages by my cBots and the runtime error messages are missing! 

Thanks.

@FMogyi

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Mar 2018, 12:36

Hi FMogyi,

Apologies for the very late reply but this is an old thread, we must have missed it somewhere in the process. Regarding your question, logs are not stored anywhere, only journal information. cAlgo app stores logs in Documents\cAlgo\Journals and cTrader app stores logs in Documents\cTrader\Journals. cAlgo product team has added this feature in the backlog to be considered for a future update.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous