cannot perform Backtest in PC Laptop is 'offline'

Created at 04 Dec 2016, 14:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

Mikro

Joined 20.06.2015

cannot perform Backtest in PC Laptop is 'offline'
04 Dec 2016, 14:28

Dear Support,

I want to perform Backtests while working offline.

I have created my Backtest.csv which works fine if the System is online. As soon as I turn of my WiFi Connection the Play-Button in the Backtesting Tab turns gray and I cannot perfom a Backtest until a Server-Connection inside cAlgo is reestablished.

Can you please assist, I need offline Backtest functionality in order to work but do not have permanet I-net connection.

Cheers

@Mikro
Replies

Mikro
22 Jan 2017, 14:06

The issue still is unresolved...

Doesn't anybody else have pain with this restriction?

THX

@Mikro

lec0456
23 Jan 2017, 08:35

Of course! This is a huge limitation.  Spotware seems to be absent from these forums.

@lec0456

Mikro
25 Jan 2017, 20:01

I posted a feature request here:

http://vote.spotware.com/forums/229166-ideas-and-suggestions-for-ctrader-and-calgo/suggestions/17842339-enable-offline-backtesting

Please upvote if you would appreciate the feature.

Topic is resolved

@Mikro

Jimmy
26 Jan 2017, 22:11

This is utter horror.

I joined years ago but left quickly because there was so many things wrong with the spotware software.

Now, years later i decided to re-install the platform and give it another shot, just to decide it is still utter horror.

WHY does it have to be online WHY can you not simply run back tests offline WHY ?????

I do not want my pc to be connected all the time especially since this software only runs on windows !!!.

So many limitations WHY ???

Why can't the developers use common sense and create something useful in stead of a software piece that fails on so many levels?

@Jimmy