New Indicator Not Listed Until Restart

Created at 17 Sep 2016, 11:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

cTKit

Joined 15.09.2016

New Indicator Not Listed Until Restart
17 Sep 2016, 11:20

When I click the new button at the top of the Indicators panel in cAlgo nothing is added to the list of indicators and no template is opened.

If I close cAlgo and launch it again my new Indicator appears and is opened.

Is there something I can do to fix this or is it a bug?

@cTKit
Replies

cyfer
18 Sep 2016, 11:29

It is added , but at the end of the Indicators List , So after you click New ... Scroll down to the end and you'll find it 

@cyfer

cTKit
21 Sep 2016, 20:25

Thanks for trying to help, I know where it should be, but it is not there.  I have a very high resolution monitor so there is no scrollbar on my indicator list.

To be clear, nothing new gets added to the list, and no editor window is opened as expected with the new Indicator template.

I have to restart cAlgo before the new template is listed and then I can rename it.  When it first happened I clicked on the button several times because nothing happened, after restarting cAlgo there were several new items in the list.

I am a very experienced C# developer and have a number of tools and .NET versions on my PC so could be some kind of conflict.

Mike

@cTKit

cTKit
25 Oct 2016, 19:49

I solved the problem.  It was because I run Windows in Parallels on a Mac.  I run it in "Like a Mac" mode so I get the best of both worlds but by default this causes the user profile to be mapped to Mac user folders via a local network share. cAlgo is unable to detect changes to folders and files under this configuration.  I changed some setting to disable this feature and bingo when I create a new item it appears in the expected place.  This also affects integration with Visual Studio, which is working fine too. 

@cTKit