cAlgo instances

Created at 04 Jun 2013, 13:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SI

Sir2

Joined 29.12.2012

cAlgo instances
04 Jun 2013, 13:07

Hi:

I would like to install and run several cAlgo instances in parallel under the same Windows 8 user account.  For example: cAlgoA1 and cAlgoA2 for broker A and cAlgoB1 and cAlgoB2 for broker B.  Is there any way to keep this 4 installations independent (directories, settings, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

@Sir2
Replies

hichem
04 Jun 2013, 14:29

RE:
Sir2 said:

Hi:

I would like to install and run several cAlgo instances in parallel under the same Windows 8 user account.  For example: cAlgoA1 and cAlgoA2 for broker A and cAlgoB1 and cAlgoB2 for broker B.  Is there any way to keep this 4 installations independent (directories, settings, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

You can use a Virtual Machine such as : VMWare or Windows Virtual PC

@hichem

Sir2
04 Jun 2013, 14:51

RE: RE:
hichem said:
Sir2 said:

Hi:

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, but is not an answer for my question.

@Sir2

hichem
04 Jun 2013, 16:19

RE: RE: RE:
Sir2 said:
hichem said:
Sir2 said:

Hi:

Thanks in advance.

With VMWare player you can run multiple instances of windows on a single machine. On each Windows instance you can run a totally isolated cAlgo instance.

@hichem

Sir2
04 Jun 2013, 16:45

RE: RE: RE: RE:
hichem said:
Sir2 said:
hichem said:
Sir2 said:

Hi:

Thanks in advance.

With VMWare player you can run multiple instances of windows on a single machine. On each Windows instance you can run a totally isolated cAlgo instance.

Thanks again, but as I expalined in my question what I need is several cAlgo isolated  instances in one Windows instance....

@Sir2

hichem
04 Jun 2013, 16:52

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

Well jsut launch cAlgo as many instances as you want. cAlgo can run on multiple instances on Windows.

@hichem

cAlgo_Fanatic
04 Jun 2013, 17:02

RE:
Sir2 said:

Hi:

Thanks in advance.

You cannot have separated settings for the same broker.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

Sir2
04 Jun 2013, 17:04

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:
hichem said:

Well jsut launch cAlgo as many instances as you want. cAlgo can run on multiple instances on Windows.

Yes, but using the same directory and settings, if you modify a robot or change something that affect the other instances and that is what I want to avoid...

@Sir2

joeatbayes
21 Feb 2015, 01:46

I agree with this as a feature request

I have nearly identical requirements.   It seems like this should be a feature built into the application.   Otherwise it makes it difficult to run multiple copies with different configurations. 

@joeatbayes

Spotware
25 Feb 2015, 17:30

We can recommend you to post this idea to vote.spotware.com

@Spotware