INVALID_REQUEST on PROTO_OA_GET_TRENDBARS_REQ

Created at 17 Oct 2024, 03:04
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
HO

honfaikan5

Joined 07.11.2023

INVALID_REQUEST on PROTO_OA_GET_TRENDBARS_REQ
17 Oct 2024, 03:04

Hi! I'm trying to get historical bar data following https://help.ctrader.com/open-api/symbol-data/#attaining-historical-bar-data. After sending the PROTO_OA_GET_TRENDBARS_REQ message, I get back an OA_ERROR with errorCode: "INVALID_REQUEST" description: "Trading account is not authorized". All the other requests work, including placing an order. My request should contain all the required parameters: {ctidTraderAccountId: ... fromTimestamp: 1688169600000 toTimestamp: 1690848000000 period: M5 symbolId: 1}. Is there any step that I need to take before sending a PROTO_OA_GET_TRENDBARS_REQ message after having been authenticated?

Note: I also sent this message in the Telegram support channel. I'll copy the conversation back here if it happens there first for future reference.

@honfaikan5
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
17 Oct 2024, 07:53

Hi there,

Did you check the obvious? That the account id is correct?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

honfaikan5
17 Oct 2024, 21:09

RE: INVALID_REQUEST on PROTO_OA_GET_TRENDBARS_REQ

Thank you for the reply Panagiotis! It turned out there's a race condition. The application got authenticated but the trendbar request was sent before the confirmation is returned. That's why the other requests were successful. 😅 Thank you again for the support!

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Did you check the obvious? That the account id is correct?

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@honfaikan5