Are there live quote subscription limits?

Created at 04 Sep 2024, 06:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NG

ngoold

Joined 27.08.2024

Are there live quote subscription limits?
04 Sep 2024, 06:18

Hello,

We’re currently using the Open API to stream live bid and offer prices for 10 markets, allowing us to track them in real-time. However, we’ve encountered an issue where, after receiving between 600 to 800 messages within 10 seconds, the updates stop entirely, and we need to restart the connection to continue receiving data.

I came across another post that mentioned the following limits:

• 50 requests per second per application for non-historical data requests.
  • 5 requests per second per application for historical data requests.
  • 25 concurrent connections per application.

Given that our heartbeat is functioning correctly, I’m assuming our issue isn’t related to these limits.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Could there be a limit to the number of quotes we can subscribe to at once, or is there something else we might be overlooking?

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Nick

@ngoold
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
04 Sep 2024, 13:30

Hi Nick,

There are no limits to how many symbols you can subscribe. One thing that could be happening is that you do not read the incoming messages fast enough causing a buffer overflow on the server which eventually drops your connection. If you cannot figure it out yourself, contact the Open API support on Telegram so that they can check what is happening with your connection

https://t.me/ctrader_open_api_support

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ngoold
04 Sep 2024, 13:41 ( Updated at: 04 Sep 2024, 13:46 )

RE: Are there live quote subscription limits?

Hi Panagiotis

Thank you very much for the advice, we see what we can do.

Regards

Nick

@ngoold