ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq" and “ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLRes

Created at 12 Feb 2024, 00:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
UL

ultmnc

Joined 19.07.2023

ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq" and “ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLRes
12 Feb 2024, 00:22

Good Day

Please advise on how to use "ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq" and “ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLRes”

I find no reference within your OpenApiModelMessages_pb2.py or OpenApiMessages_pb2.py so currently unable to call.

Please advise how i can call and use this feature

Regards

@ultmnc
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
12 Feb 2024, 06:56

Hi there,

The libraries are not up to date, therefore for some messages you would need to write the code yourself.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ultmnc
12 Feb 2024, 08:05 ( Updated at: 13 Feb 2024, 06:50 )

RE: ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq" and “ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLRes

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

The libraries are not up to date, therefore for some messages you would need to write the code yourself.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

I have imported the latest https://github.com/spotware/openapi-proto-messages/blob/main/OpenApiModelMessages.proto which is supposed to pull in the necessary functionality but continually getting errors as the call from server is failing. i have run various decryptions to check whether data is valid but having no valid reference to what the Descriptor Section that works so errors continue, fyi i have written the code for various other functions without fail but the above doesn't even display in the initial OpenApiModelMessages.py.

Please advise the way forward is. FYI- i have written a bit of code that fetches the price at buy/sell against the bid/ask to get profit or loss but it is no way as efficient as what ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq would be so i would like to use ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq function instead. Please forward relevant info regarding ProtoOAGetPositionUnrealizedPnLReq or even how to successfully implement https://github.com/spotware/openapi-proto-messages/blob/main/OpenApiModelMessages.proto. FYI - i have converted it to python script using protoc and imported it correctly

please advise soonest

thank you

@ultmnc

bryantortega305
01 Mar 2024, 22:26 ( Updated at: 02 Mar 2024, 07:22 )

I'm also interested in this aspect as this problem is also in the Nuget .NET package

@bryantortega305