Demo to Live

Created at 24 Jan 2024, 17:29
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MO

MountOlympus

Joined 07.12.2023

Demo to Live
24 Jan 2024, 17:29

I decided to move my python script from demo to live. 

I made a deposit and changed my settings, ClientId,Secret,AccountId, accessToken and host(live.ctraderapi.com)

Every was looking OK(authentication and trendbar receive) until my script tried to open a new trade by calling ProtoOANewOrderReq

It seems OpenApi can open trades without problem in demo accounts but in live accounts cannot. I don't receive any error but in Ctrader I don't see any new order.

Is there a limitation in live accounts? Forex broker by default forbids the usage of open api in live accounts?

After your response I will communicate with my broker.

@MountOlympus
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
25 Jan 2024, 06:29

Hi there,

Brokers can block the use of Open API. Also make sure that trading is allowed for your account. Your broker should enlighten you regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

MountOlympus
26 Jan 2024, 08:13

Finally I went live…

I communicated with the broker and they allowed the usage of the OpenApi on the live account and now my fully automated script can open trades.

@MountOlympus

hectoryescas
15 May 2024, 18:05 ( Updated at: 16 May 2024, 05:31 )

RE: Demo to Live

MountOlympus said: 

Finally I went live…

I communicated with the broker and they allowed the usage of the OpenApi on the live account and now my fully automated script can open trades.

Hi, I am having the same problem, I contacted my broker already but it seems they don't support the Open Api, can you advise which broker supports it?

@hectoryescas