Server Error when trying to get new access token

Created at 21 Nov 2023, 07:06
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PA

paolob

Joined 14.03.2018

Server Error when trying to get new access token
21 Nov 2023, 07:06

Hello, 

I am trying to retrieve a new Access Token for my application via the https://openapi.ctrader.com site

My application is marked as active, and I am able to view my Client ID and Secret with no issues, but when I attempt to retrieve a Trading Access Token, I get redirected to a 500 Server Error page.

I need some help, please :(

Thank you

@paolob
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
21 Nov 2023, 14:01

Reply to: Server Error when trying to get new access token

Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Our team is investigating.

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

paolob
21 Nov 2023, 14:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: Reply to: Server Error when trying to get new access token

PanagiotisCharalampous said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Thank you! i contacted “Open API Support” on Telegram earlier, I have given screenshots and information there.

The strange thing is that my colleague was able to generate a new Access Token on his account, but on mine, I tried different browsers (the first time to visit the Open API website on these browsers) and I got the same exact 500 Server Error.

This applies to both “Accounts” and “Trading” scopes when I click the “Get Token” button.

I have noticed on Google Chrome, that there were JavaScript errors related to “Counter hint not found.”, I am unsure if this is related to the issue (this Javascript error also occurs on Microsoft Edge and Firefox.

All of my browsers are fully updated and are the latest versions.

Thank you for investigating, I really appreciate it

@paolob

LogicFX
23 Nov 2023, 23:06 ( Updated at: 24 Nov 2023, 06:35 )

I am getting the same error when I try to add a cTrader account to myfxbook.com, it may be related,

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

@LogicFX

paolob
26 Nov 2023, 15:06 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello @PanagiotisCharalampous

I was speaking to Open API Support via Telegram, he requested this: 

I have initiated these attempts so that the developers/support can examine the logs:

3:01 PM 26NOV2023 UTC -- 6 attempts to get a “Trading” scope Access Token, all returned with 500 Server Error

3:02PM 26NOV2023 UTC -- 6 attempts to get an “Accounts” scope Access Token, all returned with 500 Server Error

Thank you again for helping me out with my issue.

@paolob

paolob
26 Nov 2023, 15:09 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: RE: Reply to: Server Error when trying to get new access token

paolob said: 

Hi there,

Best regards,

Panagiotis

Hello @PanagiotisCharalampous

I was speaking to Open API Support via Telegram, he requested this: 

I have initiated these attempts so that the developers/support can examine the logs:

3:01 PM 26NOV2023 UTC -- 6 attempts to get a “Trading” scope Access Token, all returned with 500 Server Error

3:02PM 26NOV2023 UTC -- 6 attempts to get an “Accounts” scope Access Token, all returned with 500 Server Error

Thank you again for helping me out with my issue.

I forgot to mention, i also registered a new cTrader Application via openapi.ctrader.com, the application has been activated, but generating Access Tokens for both “Trading” and “Accounts” scopes produced the same 500 Server Error

@paolob

LogicFX
27 Nov 2023, 15:28 ( Updated at: 28 Nov 2023, 06:36 )

Support team may be able to reproduce it, just trying to add an account in myfxbook, going to porfolio → add account

The generated URI is: 

https://connect.spotware.com/oauth/v2/auth?access_type=online&approval_prompt=auto&client_id=3_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&redirect_uri=https://www.myfxbook.com/ctrader_auth&response_type=code&scope=accounts

(replaced the real id with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

That generates the same error 500 you showed in the first post

@LogicFX

paolob
28 Nov 2023, 07:23 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:23 )

RE: Server Error when trying to get new access token

LogicFX said: 

Support team may be able to reproduce it, just trying to add an account in myfxbook, going to porfolio → add account

The generated URI is: 

https://connect.spotware.com/oauth/v2/auth?access_type=online&approval_prompt=auto&client_id=3_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&redirect_uri=https://www.myfxbook.com/ctrader_auth&response_type=code&scope=accounts

(replaced the real id with xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

That generates the same error 500 you showed in the first post

I was speaking to technical support on telegram, they added logs to my account and I triggered the 500 Server Error on my side

Here is a snippet of my conversation:

This conversation is still in progress, but I had an old account on RoboForex, and since they are no longer a cTrader broker, my Spotware account still lists RoboForex as part of all my accounts. So it seems the developers are saying to tech support that “He told me that the response from our server is of type of unexisting broker.” refers to RoboForex.

Maybe you have the same situation as I have, we have orphaned data on the Spotware side which is causing the 500 Server Error to occur.

I will keep everyone posted.

@paolob

LogicFX
28 Nov 2023, 15:03 ( Updated at: 28 Nov 2023, 15:54 )

paolob said: 

This conversation is still in progress, but I had an old account on RoboForex, and since they are no longer a cTrader broker, my Spotware account still lists RoboForex as part of all my accounts. So it seems the developers are saying to tech support that “He told me that the response from our server is of type of unexisting broker.” refers to RoboForex.

Maybe you have the same situation as I have, we have orphaned data on the Spotware side which is causing the 500 Server Error to occur.

I will keep everyone posted.

Yes I also have RoboForex cTrader accounts, but after reading your message, I tried to link friend's cTrader account that doesn't have RoboForex, and I got the 500 error too.

It is weird because I had linked the accounts just a few weeks ago, then I tried to add another one, and the error 500 started, maybe the issue starts if you try to add accounts when you already have linked accounts. I tried erasing all the myfxbook linked accounts (from myfxbook and also revoked access in cTrader end) but still the same issue.

EDIT: SORRY I didn't realize my friend also had a forgotten RoboForex account, so yes, that may be the cause, I will try to link a different one.

EDIT2: Looks like you are right, I tried with another account without RoboForex and it did work!

@LogicFX

michael00
04 Dec 2023, 14:57

Hello, I have the same situation ( server error ), I tried with different browsers, and also I tried in another machine on my VPS but received the same error.

@michael00

LogicFX
04 Dec 2023, 15:32

michael00 said: 

Hello, I have the same situation ( server error ), I tried with different browsers, and also I tried in another machine on my VPS but received the same error.

Have you used RoboForex in the past? They deleted cTrader accounts and that seems to be the issue, I am hopping cTrader fix it soon.

@LogicFX

LogicFX
04 Dec 2023, 18:06

michael00 said: 

Good news, it seems to work now

@LogicFX

michael00
05 Dec 2023, 09:54

RE: RE: Server Error when trying to get new access token

LogicFX said: 

michael00 said: 

YES, now it's working !

@michael00

paolob
06 Dec 2023, 00:39

RE: RE: Server Error when trying to get new access token

LogicFX said: 

michael00 said: 

Confirmed working! Also, on the id.ctrader.com site, RoboForex is no longer listed as one of my broker/account

Thanks!

@paolob

... Deleted by UFO ...