Could not download history candles

Created at 13 Sep 2023, 06:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NO

noob7

Joined 20.03.2020

Could not download history candles
13 Sep 2023, 06:28

On 2023-07-12T13:00:00

I tried multiple times to download last 10 historic candles calculated from given date for different Periods(H4, H1, M30)  and Instruments(EURGBP, EURCAD, XNGUSD) but api didnt return to me with actual data after 10 seconds. After 30 minutes I retried to download them and it was a success. This happens on average once per month. What is the issue? Maybe I`m doing something wrong?

@noob7
Replies

PanagiotisChar
14 Sep 2023, 06:27

Hi there,

How can somebody reproduce this problem?

@PanagiotisChar

noob7
14 Sep 2023, 08:21

I cannot reproduce it. It happens on average once per month. 

@noob7

noob7
15 Sep 2023, 08:27 ( Updated at: 15 Sep 2023, 08:28 )

@PanagiotisChar I found more info about issue. We did actualy get the date but it was after waiting around 8 minutes for it. Normally it works very fast we get data in matter of seconds but ocasionally we wait like 8 minutes. Is it a bug or thats the design?

@noob7

PanagiotisChar
15 Sep 2023, 08:35 ( Updated at: 15 Sep 2023, 08:36 )

RE: Could not download history candles

noob7 said: 

@PanagiotisChar I found more info about issue. We did actualy get the date but it was after waiting around 8 minutes for it. Normally it works very fast we get data in matter of seconds but ocasionally we wait like 8 minutes. Is it a bug or thats the design?

Sounds like none of the two. Such issues can occasionally when you work over the internet 

@PanagiotisChar

noob7
16 Sep 2023, 05:08 ( Updated at: 16 Sep 2023, 06:35 )

RE: RE: Could not download history candles

PanagiotisChar said: 

noob7 said: 

Sounds like none of the two. Such issues can occasionally when you work over the internet 

Its not the case of internet. I didn`t lose connection with api. In this 9 minutes period I was still receiving messages like: PROTO_OA_SPOT_EVENT. If my program wont get candles within 30 seconds it sends again message with request for candles few times. Even for these new requests it had to wait around 9 minutes. 

Is it possible that If I subscribed for message PROTO_OA_SPOT_EVENT its delaying message PROTO_OA_GET_TRENDBARS_RES  ?

@noob7

PanagiotisChar
17 Sep 2023, 05:28

It's not only about your connection to the internet but the entire route to the server. Something can happen on between and packages can be lost

@PanagiotisChar

noob7
18 Sep 2023, 20:44

RE: Could not download history candles

PanagiotisChar said: 

It's not only about your connection to the internet but the entire route to the server. Something can happen on between and packages can be lost

I understand that, it can happen. If within 30 seconds I dont get any response I send request again and again and again.  Within 9 minutes Ive sent more than 10 requests to get candles and still I couldnt get response within reasonable time. What I can do to fix issue as I cannot wait 9 minutes for candles. 

@noob7