no way to connect non-interactively / client_credentials Oauth flow?

Created at 09 Jul 2023, 23:01
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LU

lukepoga

Joined 15.10.2015

no way to connect non-interactively / client_credentials Oauth flow?
09 Jul 2023, 23:01

Generally, automated systems use client_credentials Oauth 2.0 to gain Authorisation Codes. However looking at your instructions here, 

indicate Open API supports Authentication Flow, which is for interactive web based user experiences.

So Does OpenAI Support client_credentials, and if not how do you propose automated systems connect? Or is open API not designed for automated systems, and I should be looking at other APIs?

@lukepoga
Replies

PanagiotisChar
10 Jul 2023, 08:36

Hi there,

It is not very clear to me what are you looking for but if you are looking to bypass the OAuth authentication, you can generate your own tokens from the Playground area.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

lukepoga
13 Jul 2023, 02:02 ( Updated at: 13 Jul 2023, 06:31 )

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

It is not very clear to me what are you looking for but if you are looking to bypass the OAuth authentication, you can generate your own tokens from the Playground area.

Aieden Technologies

its not normal for an API to have an interactive user step. Oauth 2.0 has a version called client_credentials which allow programs to log on without human intervention. Support for this is what I am looking for. But because you dont have it, i can't use Open API. And so I will just use the FIX API.

you could suggest this to your openapi programmers.

@lukepoga

PanagiotisChar
13 Jul 2023, 09:04

Hi there,

ts not normal for an API to have an interactive user step.

That's the absolutely normal thing to do. The whole point of open authentication is for users to be able to use your application without sharing their credentials with you. Of course there is an option to bypass this but the developers decided not to provide it for obvious reasons. If your application is not targeting other users, then you can just get a token manually, there is no need to use credentials to login.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

raypang
23 May 2024, 08:54 ( Updated at: 23 May 2024, 09:42 )

actually there is a way, 

you deploy your bot on your vps, 

you can email that grant access web url to your email, so you can operate auth on any device, 

doesn't have to operate auth on your vps.

@raypang