Can anyone please explain limits on how many times you can perform certain requests to the cTrader backend?

Created at 23 Jun 2023, 15:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid5721669

Joined 03.02.2023

Can anyone please explain limits on how many times you can perform certain requests to the cTrader backend?
23 Jun 2023, 15:43

Hi,

@cTrader

I have gone through Open API documentation and found that there are some limitations as it saying:

Note that there exist some limits on how many times you can perform certain requests to the cTrader backend.

• You can perform a maximum of 50 requests per second per connection for any non-historical data requests.
  • You can perform a maximum of 5 requests per second per connection for any historical data requests.

My question is that if user A is connected to OpenAPI app X, and user B is also connected with app X, then 50 request limit would be for both users collectively or individually?

@ctid5721669
Replies

PanagiotisChar
26 Jun 2023, 08:24

Hi there,

There limits are per connection, no matter how many users are authorized through it.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisChar

ctid5721669
26 Jun 2023, 11:47

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

There limits are per connection, no matter how many users are authorized through it.

Aieden Technologies

We are getting this error message:

payloadType: 'PROTO_OA_ERROR_RES',ctidTraderAccountId: '0',errorCode: 'REQUEST_FREQUENCY_EXCEEDED',description: 'You have reached the rate limit of requests',maintenanceEndTimestamp: null,clientMsgId: 'dde6ab71-0c46-11ee-bb08-13881ab8dd11'

It especially comes when you are iterating trades for a user. What could be the reason?

@ctid5721669

PanagiotisChar
27 Jun 2023, 08:12

Hi there,

I think the message is clear. You have reached one of the above limits.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar

ctid5721669
27 Jun 2023, 08:18

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

I think the message is clear. You have reached one of the above limits.

Aieden Technologies

It means when we access broker accounts through Open API then we created a single connection, no matter how many users are linked with it and these limits are for this connection. Am I right?

@ctid5721669

DarkMatter
28 Jun 2023, 08:41 ( Updated at: 28 Jun 2023, 08:44 )

@DarkMatter