No data from cTrader connection in NT8

Created at 28 Mar 2023, 12:43
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid5918881

Joined 27.03.2023

No data from cTrader connection in NT8
28 Mar 2023, 12:43

Hi,

I already posted this in my previous thread, but did not get any reply, that would solve my issue.

First I configured the cTrader connection in NinjaTrader 8.1 (using the correct account - netting). Then I succesfully connect to the cTrader data feed. But I don´t get any new data. There is no new data since last Friday when I last connected via the NinjaTrader data feed. Also reloading all historical data does not work. I am doing this on FOREX instruments, but also any other instruments are not showing any life data.

I also tried this on NT version 8.0.27. with the same results. So the problem seems to be in the data feed, not in NinjaTrader.

Hope anyone can help.
Thanks

Peter

@ctid5918881
Replies

PanagiotisChar
29 Mar 2023, 09:52

Hi Peter,

You need to speak to NinjaTrader staff about these issues. It's hard for somebody to help you in this forum since not many people use NinjaTrader here. If there is problem with their integration, it's them who need to check.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

ctid5918881
30 Mar 2023, 19:13

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi Peter,

You need to speak to NinjaTrader staff about these issues. It's hard for somebody to help you in this forum since not many people use NinjaTrader here. If there is problem with their integration, it's them who need to check.

Aieden Technologies

Hi PanagiotisChar,

thanks for your reply. This is really "funny", as the NinjaTrader support staff is directing me to cTrader support. The problem is, I can set up a connection and also connect with my account and password. Everything looks OK, but I don´t get any data. So the problem must be with the data feed from cTrader. 

I don´t expect someone in the forum to help, but isn´t there a classiacl support I can contact? I haven´t found any link or website, nor email, anything.

This is really frustrating.

Thanks and best

Peter

@ctid5918881

PanagiotisChar
31 Mar 2023, 08:53

Hi Peter,

The frustrating thing here is that NinjaTrader team is lazy to do its job. It's like going to the supermarket, pay with credit card, your card is declined and the cashier tells you to contact the payment provider. It's not your job to do it, it's theirs. It's NinjaTrader that consumes cTrader's Open API and not vise versa. cTrader doesn't know how each individual consumes their API and how each implementation works. It's NinjaTrader that has the responsibility to make sure that their system works fine and troubleshoot issues with their integration. If they don't know what is going on, it's them who need to contact cTrader, communicate the relevant information and resolve the issue, not their clients.

Aieden Technologies

@PanagiotisChar