How to Set ProtoOASymbolById Request parameters?

Created at 07 Feb 2023, 12:41
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid402288

Joined 06.02.2016

How to Set ProtoOASymbolById Request parameters?
07 Feb 2023, 12:41

Is there an equivalent for the  addAllSymbolId() and addSymbolId() in the OpenAPIPy SDK?

Appending symbol Ids or a list of symbolIds to request.symbolId raises a TypeError which say it expects an "int" and not a list. Has anyone got this working? Please could you share your line of python code please.

It would be nice if someone could explain how to work with 'RepeatedCompositeFieldContainer' fields in python please.

@ctid402288
Replies

PanagiotisChar
07 Feb 2023, 17:03

Hi there,

I don't know how it works in Python, but in .Net you need to loop through the list and add the symbols one by one.

Aieden Technologies

Need help? Join us on Telegram

Need premium support? Trade with us

@PanagiotisChar

ctid402288
08 Feb 2023, 15:10

RE:

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

I don't know how it works in Python, but in .Net you need to loop through the list and add the symbols one by one.

Aieden Technologies

That was precisely what l had to do to move forward in the end. Thank you for your response.

@ctid402288

ctid402288
21 Jan 2024, 19:20 ( Updated at: 22 Jan 2024, 06:38 )

RE: RE:

ctid402288 said: 

PanagiotisChar said:

Hi there,

Aieden Technologies

That was precisely what l had to do to move forward in the end. Thank you for your response.

Hi, please can you share what you did. I get ProtoAOSymbol object is not iterable error when l try to loop through the message data. Thanks.

@ctid402288