ProtoOAAccountAuthReq hangs when called

Created at 23 Sep 2022, 07:25
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
PA

paolob

Joined 14.03.2018

ProtoOAAccountAuthReq hangs when called
23 Sep 2022, 07:25

Hello,

This issue started happening this morning (Manila, PH time).

The initial call to ProtoOAApplicationAuthReq/ProtoOAApplicationAuthRes was completed successfully and my application was able to authenticate with my Client ID/Secret.

The secondary call to ProtoOAAccountAuthReq/ProtoOAAccountAuthRes hangs and never returns any value via the Subscribe() response handler, no errors were also reported. it just hangs indefinitely.

This issue also happens to both Demo Spotware accounts, and Live ICM/Pepperstone accounts.

I remember this happening in the past, but after a few hours everything worked again properly.

I am currently running the code in C#, VS2022 (fully patched), ASPNETCORE 6, Dotnet6, Windows 11 (fully patched), no changes to the existing code and the same code worked yesterday without any issues. Using the latest version of cTrader.OpenAPI.NET v1.4.4 from nuget

Looking forward to a resolution to the problem :(

Sincerely,

Paolo

@paolob
Replies

paolob
24 Sep 2022, 03:01

RE:

I eventually figured it out, when the cTrader.OpenAPI.NET library initializes the OpenClient class, the host parameter is typically retrieved via the ApiInfo.GetHost() method, which returns "demo.ctraderapi.com" or "live.ctraderapi.com".

However, when I was reading the documentation I found the article about Proxies/Endpoints (https://help.ctrader.com/open-api/proxies-endpoints/) and it outlines several regional proxy servers to use, such as "demo-sg.ctraderapi.com" etc, so I tried this out and just hardcoded the host parameter to the OpenClient ctor and it worked!

I was able to connect and issue ProtoOA* requests to the OpenAPI server without any problems.

paolobrionesph@gmail.com said:

Hello,

This issue started happening this morning (Manila, PH time).

The initial call to ProtoOAApplicationAuthReq/ProtoOAApplicationAuthRes was completed successfully and my application was able to authenticate with my Client ID/Secret.

The secondary call to ProtoOAAccountAuthReq/ProtoOAAccountAuthRes hangs and never returns any value via the Subscribe() response handler, no errors were also reported. it just hangs indefinitely.

This issue also happens to both Demo Spotware accounts, and Live ICM/Pepperstone accounts.

I remember this happening in the past, but after a few hours everything worked again properly.

I am currently running the code in C#, VS2022 (fully patched), ASPNETCORE 6, Dotnet6, Windows 11 (fully patched), no changes to the existing code and the same code worked yesterday without any issues. Using the latest version of cTrader.OpenAPI.NET v1.4.4 from nuget

Looking forward to a resolution to the problem :(

Sincerely,

Paolo

@paolob