Calculating commission

Created at 12 Apr 2022, 19:56
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
MR

mr.Gekko

Joined 17.01.2022

Calculating commission
12 Apr 2022, 19:56

symbol: BTCUSD

CommissionType:PercentageOfValue

Lot size:1 (Lot size in cents:100 )

PreciseTradingCommissionRate in OpenApi:17500

On their website the commission rate is 0.175%.

Why am I seeing 17500?? How can I get to 0.175%?

@mr.Gekko
Replies

amusleh
13 Apr 2022, 10:50

Hi,

Different types of symbols can have different types of commissions, you can fine commission types here: Models - cTrader Open API (spotware.github.io)

To correctly interpret a position/trade commission amount you have to know first what kind of commission the symbol uses.

Then based on symbol commission type you know what a position commission value represents, for symbols that uses PercentageOfValue you can get the actual percentage by dividing the position commission value to 100000.

In your case: 17500 / 100000 = 0.175

@amusleh

mr.Gekko
13 Apr 2022, 12:20

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Different types of symbols can have different types of commissions, you can fine commission types here: Models - cTrader Open API (spotware.github.io)

To correctly interpret a position/trade commission amount you have to know first what kind of commission the symbol uses.

Then based on symbol commission type you know what a position commission value represents, for symbols that uses PercentageOfValue you can get the actual percentage by dividing the position commission value to 100000.

In your case: 17500 / 100000 = 0.175

Thank you for the quick reply. I did check your models link before and I didn't find it anywhere that the amount should be divided by 10^5. I can only see 10^8 for non percentage types.

@mr.Gekko

amusleh
13 Apr 2022, 14:20

Hi,

It looks like the documentation is missing for PercentageOfValue commission type, we will add this to documentation of PreciseTradingCommissionRate.

When symbol commission type is PERCENTAGE_OF_VALUE divide the PreciseTradingCommissionRate to 10^5.

@amusleh