No renko or range via ProtoOATrendbar?

Created at 03 Nov 2021, 00:28
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
SC

scotpip

Joined 24.07.2018

No renko or range via ProtoOATrendbar?
03 Nov 2021, 00:28

Evaluating a potential project with the Open API.

So far as I can see, the price feed only offers time-aggregation candles and not range bars and renko bars.

The project would be more practical if range and renko were available on the feed.

I just want to confirm that I'm not missing anything? My alternative is to bridge to the CTrader client for the feed, but that would obviously be more of a hack.

If this is a missing feature, is it on your roadmap?

Thanks

@scotpip
Replies

amusleh
03 Nov 2021, 08:00

Hi,

OpenAPI only gives you time based bars, not Renko/Tick/Range bars data.

You can calculate the other bar types by using Tick data, you can get the tick data from Open API.

It's not on our roadmap to add the other bar types but you can post a suggestion and we might consider adding it on next versions of API.

@amusleh

scotpip
04 Nov 2021, 01:34

Hi

Thanks for responding! I was hoping I'd missed something but it seems not...

I've posted a feature request as you suggested.

Yes, it's possible to make the bars from ticks. I actually have the code which I use to generate backtest data.

But it consumes a lot of CPU cycles and there's a risk of lag in newsy markets. My own system will be trading a wide range of symbols on a wide range of bar sizes to this is a concern.

An API bar feed would offer accurate bars in the most efficient way.

@scotpip