API Language Question

Created at 21 Jun 2021, 18:45
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid4429477

Joined 21.06.2021

API Language Question
21 Jun 2021, 18:45

Hi there,

Does cTrader provide API library for Python or C++?

Kind Regards

Juan

@ctid4429477
Replies

amusleh
21 Jun 2021, 19:45 ( Updated at: 21 Jun 2021, 19:47 )

Hi,

Right now we don't any library for Python or C++, we only have a .NET library.

We will develop more libraries and we will have one for Python in upcoming months.

Open API uses Google Protocol Buffers protocol, its Language agnostic and you can interact with it easily, please check Open API documentation for more detail.

@amusleh

28 Sep 2021, 16:51

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

We will develop more libraries and we will have one for Python in upcoming months.

Open API uses Google Protocol Buffers protocol, its Language agnostic and you can interact with it easily, please check Open API documentation for more detail.

Hi,

is there any progress?

I managed to use Protocol Buffers, however I couldn't authenticate yet with socket...

Trying to use grpc and it is not obvious to me how to send ProtoOAApplicationAuthReq and ProtoOAAccountAuthReq correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

@3304047

amusleh
29 Sep 2021, 09:30

RE: RE:

ctid3304047 said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hi,

is there any progress?

I managed to use Protocol Buffers, however I couldn't authenticate yet with socket...

Trying to use grpc and it is not obvious to me how to send ProtoOAApplicationAuthReq and ProtoOAAccountAuthReq correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

We will develop a Python package for Open API, but I can't give you an ETA.

Hopefully it will be released next month.

First you have to create a TCP socket connection with Open API live/demo endpoints, then use the connection to send/receive messages.

We have a guide for it on Open API documentation: Reading/Writing - Open API (spotware.github.io)

@amusleh