New OpenAPI.NET demo

Created at 23 May 2021, 13:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CT

ctid2032775

Joined 03.05.2020

New OpenAPI.NET demo
23 May 2021, 13:59

Dear all,

even after searching around I didn't find any solution to my issue...

I wanted to get the new OpenAPI.NET WPF demo running but wasn't able until now. My first problem was that the redirect uri wasn't correct - but after adding one from my registered application  (from where I also used the client id and secret) the app at least started and brought me to the login window.

But then I guess I made something wrong - after logging in I get the window to request the token. And even after clicking "Get Token" nothing happens and the application is not initialized...

Is there a clear "step-by-step" guide that explains what needs to be done to run the new WPF demo?
Or could someone please point me into the right direction?

As I'm planning to develop my own WPF application (i. e. a sophisticated trading bot with a nice frontend) I would like to verify the existing demo and get some ideas for my own application!

Many thanks for any hint/help/support and best regards,
Christian

@ctid2032775
Replies

amusleh
23 May 2021, 21:21

Hi,

You should use a valid redirect URI, its clearly mentioned on WPF demo readme file.

The redirect URI on your application is for API playground, you can't use that, instead use something like: https://ctrader.com/

@amusleh

ctid2032775
28 May 2021, 17:05

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

You should use a valid redirect URI, its clearly mentioned on WPF demo readme file.

The redirect URI on your application is for API playground, you can't use that, instead use something like: https://ctrader.com/

Hi,

many thanks for your hint - now the application starts as expected...

But, there is (at least) one issue - the chart area remains empty (even if it is possible to select different time frames)!

BR,
Christian

@ctid2032775

amusleh
28 May 2021, 20:24 ( Updated at: 28 May 2021, 20:25 )

RE: RE:

ctid2032775 said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hi,

But, there is (at least) one issue - the chart area remains empty (even if it is possible to select different time frames)!

BR,
Christian

Hi,

Can you tell me on which broker trading account you tested the demo?

@amusleh

ctid2032775
29 May 2021, 11:34

RE: RE: RE:

amusleh said:

ctid2032775 said:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Hi,

BR,
Christian

Hi,

Can you tell me on which broker trading account you tested the demo?

Spotware and RoboForex

@ctid2032775

... Deleted by UFO ...

amusleh
30 May 2021, 10:19 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Hi,

Just tested on Spotware account and it worked fine:

RoboForex:

Maybe you haven't installed the Visual C++ 2019 x86 on your system.

@amusleh

ctid2032775
30 May 2021, 12:34 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

RE:

amusleh said:

Hi,

Just tested on Spotware account and it worked fine:

RoboForex:

Maybe you haven't installed the Visual C++ 2019 x86 on your system.

Hi,

again thanks for your support - this was also my first guess but it's already installed (as well x64):

@ctid2032775

amusleh
30 May 2021, 14:39

Hi,

Maybe you are running the Trading UI Demo on Any CPU mode, change it to x86, that's the only thing that can cause the chart not loading issue.

The chart works fine on my system for all brokers, I couldn't replicate the issue.

@amusleh