tick data frequency on API 2.0

Created at 18 Feb 2021, 18:54
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jayteasuk

Joined 25.09.2020

tick data frequency on API 2.0
18 Feb 2021, 18:54

Is the tick data that is delivered on the API 2.0 connection the same data as the API 1.0

reason i ask is that there doesnt seem to be as much information returned, somtimes gaps of minutes and i used to see many ticks a second on the old feed

@jayteasuk
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
19 Feb 2021, 07:46

Hi jayteasuk,

Yes we did not change anything.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

jayteasuk
20 Feb 2021, 16:35

RE:

jayteasuk said:

Is the tick data that is delivered on the API 2.0 connection the same data as the API 1.0

reason i ask is that there doesnt seem to be as much information returned, somtimes gaps of minutes and i used to see many ticks a second on the old feed

Thank you

Would a tick occcur when any transaction is made at that price or when the price changes? 

@jayteasuk

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Feb 2021, 08:12

Hi jayteasuk,

Spot prices are streamed directly from liquidity providers. When a liquidity provider sends a new spot price, we display it.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

BenjaminR
12 Mar 2021, 14:41

Number of Subscripted symbols

Hi Panagiotis,

I have same problem.

We monitor many accounts by OpenAPI and when users open a new positions with different symbols  our app subscripts for that symbols and waits for prices. Sometimes the price do not arrive and  our app waits and do nothing for many seconds or minutes...

This time the program logic is the following:

- when the user opens a position with new (not subscripted) symbol: our app subscribes to this symbol and waits for prices. 

- if the user close the position: our app unsubscribe from that symbol.

Can we have a problem if we subscribe to all symbols at program start  instead of subscribe to symbol on the fly one by one as the users use them?

Thanks, Beri

@BenjaminR

amusleh
12 Mar 2021, 15:05

RE: Number of Subscripted symbols

BenjaminR said:

Hi Panagiotis,

I have same problem.

We monitor many accounts by OpenAPI and when users open a new positions with different symbols  our app subscripts for that symbols and waits for prices. Sometimes the price do not arrive and  our app waits and do nothing for many seconds or minutes...

This time the program logic is the following:

- when the user opens a position with new (not subscripted) symbol: our app subscribes to this symbol and waits for prices. 

- if the user close the position: our app unsubscribe from that symbol.

Can we have a problem if we subscribe to all symbols at program start  instead of subscribe to symbol on the fly one by one as the users use them?

Thanks, Beri

Hi BenjaminR,

You can subscribe to all account symbols after account authorization, there will be no problem.

Regarding not receiving the price quotes, did you received any error message from API? and when it happened?

@amusleh

... Deleted by UFO ...