Please don't abolish Open API v1 for the love of me

Created at 28 Nov 2020, 16:07
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

mywebsidekicks

Joined 12.11.2020

Please don't abolish Open API v1 for the love of me
28 Nov 2020, 16:07

I've seen a couple of times on the forum that Spotware is going to terminate access to Open API v1

Please, for the love of me, don't do it! This is the only way I can get Historical Data and keep trading with my algorithms. Otherwise, your other API methods are overcomplicated, especially for languages other than C#. I need to learn C# just in order to grasp them since there's even no documentation for other languages like Python, and no one seems able to help when it comes to connecting with Python to both FIX API or Open API 2.0.

So please, don't abolish Open API v1, it's the only way for many people to connect to your API.

Thank you!

@mywebsidekicks
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Nov 2020, 09:18

Hi mywebsidekicks,

Unfortunately we cannot support Open API v1.0 any more, therefore the only thing I can suggest to you is to get familiar with Open API v2.0. the soonest

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

mywebsidekicks
30 Nov 2020, 14:30

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi mywebsidekicks,

Unfortunately we cannot support Open API v1.0 any more, therefore the only thing I can suggest to you is to get familiar with Open API v2.0. the soonest

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

When exactly Open API v1 will be terminated?

@mywebsidekicks

PanagiotisCharalampous
30 Nov 2020, 15:25

Hi mywebsidekicks,

Official support stopped on the 1/11. It can go down anytime.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous