SL not being set correctly

Created at 10 Nov 2020, 13:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jayteasuk

Joined 25.09.2020

SL not being set correctly
10 Nov 2020, 13:59

i have been setting up API calls to lay trades and im testing this against my demo account

i started looking at new symbols outside of the top 5 common ones and i noticed when i set a test trade against  XNGUSD the stop loss didnt set correctly on the cTrader platform but in the response i did get back confirmation of the relative stop loss amount

* copied and pasted from the output windowSL_Missing 

relativeStopLoss: 100
  relativeTakeProfit: 150
  trailingStopLoss: false
}

when i create a trade i dont set the market type it defaults to 'Market' i see there is a 'STOP_LOSS_TAKE_PROFIT' option

does this make a difference

why would this happen?

@jayteasuk
Replies

jayteasuk
11 Nov 2020, 22:46 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:22 )

Resolved

jayteasuk said:

i have been setting up API calls to lay trades and im testing this against my demo account

i started looking at new symbols outside of the top 5 common ones and i noticed when i set a test trade against  XNGUSD the stop loss didnt set correctly on the cTrader platform but in the response i did get back confirmation of the relative stop loss amount

* copied and pasted from the output windowSL_Missing 

relativeStopLoss: 100
  relativeTakeProfit: 150
  trailingStopLoss: false
}

when i create a trade i dont set the market type it defaults to 'Market' i see there is a 'STOP_LOSS_TAKE_PROFIT' option

does this make a difference

why would this happen?

I have identified that the SL is relative to the pip position and have resolved this issue

@jayteasuk