Maximum Order Requests per second

Created at 14 Sep 2020, 13:59
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

dani20102015

Joined 13.09.2020

Maximum Order Requests per second
14 Sep 2020, 13:59

Dear members

I hope you are doing well today.

I have a goal and is to use a tool called: CMAM, in few words, this API acts like a MAM software where I can set a master account and slaves account where risk is defined by multiplier etc... So I can connect slaves accounts to my master account and all actions performed from my master account will be copied as well in the slaves account.

However I was thinking to link 400 accounts. I know it may sounds strange but my broker let me have 20 accounts and my clients will do that as well. 

So from my trading API there's no limit on account numbers, however how about your servers? 

Once I send the request: "Open Trade" it will be 400 requests at the same time. After some time I have growing my account, I will need to open two trades at the same time but the number of requests will be 800, 2 requests per account * 400 accounts: 800 open trade requests and so on. 

So I would like to know what is the maximum requests' number so I can truly know what is my limitation, otherwise use the cTrader COPY feature you offer. I am thinking which option may have limitations, via Copy (yours) or via API (you and me).

Of course, the purpose is not to overload the servers, so I am doing my job to know this.

Thank you so much 

Best regards

@dani20102015
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Sep 2020, 14:04

Hi dani20102015,

The limit for Open API proxies is 50 requests per second per application. cTrader Copy does not have such limitations.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dani20102015
14 Sep 2020, 14:11

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi dani20102015,

The limit for Open API proxies is 50 requests per second per application. cTrader Copy does not have such limitations.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Sir

Thank you so much for answering my questions.

So it clearly means that cTrader Copy doesn't have limitations. So I will know what to do. 

Finally, just for curiousity, what would happen if I reach that limit? would I get kicked out?

Thank you 

@dani20102015

PanagiotisCharalampous
14 Sep 2020, 14:26

Hi dani20102015,

Finally, just for curiousity, what would happen if I reach that limit? would I get kicked out?

If you send more than 50 requests in one second, only the first 50 will be processed. The rest will be rejected. There is no other punishment :).

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

dani20102015
14 Sep 2020, 14:27

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi dani20102015,

If you send more than 50 requests in one second, only the first 50 will be processed. The rest will be rejected. There is no other punishment :).

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Hi Sir

Understood.

cTrader Copy will be my option then. 

Thank you so much. 

@dani20102015