calculating risk position

Created at 09 Sep 2020, 17:32
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
KE

Ketu

Joined 09.10.2018

calculating risk position
09 Sep 2020, 17:32

Hi,

I can calculate the risk of my position with just the volume and account balance, but the volume is in USD and account is GBP, there is a BaseToUsdConversionRate but it is at 1 when an order execution event comes through, it should be at 1.29 today.

Thanks

@Ketu
Replies

Ketu
10 Sep 2020, 09:36

RE:

Ketu said:

Hi,

I can calculate the risk of my position with just the volume and account balance, but the volume is in USD and account is GBP, there is a BaseToUsdConversionRate but it is at 1 when an order execution event comes through, it should be at 1.29 today.

Thanks

I've realised the base conversion is just for the symbol, is there an easy way to convert the balance or do i need to send a request for it?.

@Ketu

PanagiotisCharalampous
10 Sep 2020, 10:13

Hi Ketu,

You can use ProtoOASymbolsForConversionReq to get a conversion chain and convert from one symbol to another.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Ketu
11 Sep 2020, 11:19

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Ketu,

You can use ProtoOASymbolsForConversionReq to get a conversion chain and convert from one symbol to another.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Excellent, thanks.

@Ketu