Where is the leverage for Symbol?

Created at 15 Jan 2020, 12:12
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

douglascvas

Joined 02.01.2018

Where is the leverage for Symbol?
15 Jan 2020, 12:12

This page (https://help.ctrader.com/ctrader/trading/dynamic-leverage) says each Symbol has its own leverage. 

I see in the API though that the "ProtoOATrader" has a "maxLeverage", but the "ProtoOASymbol" does not have any leverage information.

Isn't it possible to get the Symbol's leverage?

And that calculations in that page also show that up to 1 million the leverage is 500, after that the leverage is 200. Where does that come from?

Thanks,

Douglas.

@douglascvas
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
15 Jan 2020, 12:20

Hi Douglas,

Symbol leverage is not available via Open API at the moment. If you need it to calculate the expected margin, you can use ProtoOAExpectedMarginReq.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous

douglascvas
26 Jan 2020, 02:53

RE:

PanagiotisCharalampous said:

Hi Douglas,

Symbol leverage is not available via Open API at the moment. If you need it to calculate the expected margin, you can use ProtoOAExpectedMarginReq.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

Thank you @Panagiotis. I am trying to implement a backtesting mechanism though, so I wouldn't be able to call the server to calculate this. Would there be some other way?

@douglascvas

PanagiotisCharalampous
27 Jan 2020, 09:50

Hi Douglas,

Unfortunately no. I will discuss this with the product team to see if it can be added in future updates of the API.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram

@PanagiotisCharalampous