Actuality of the API

Created at 16 Dec 2017, 03:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BE

BeardPower

Joined 07.02.2016

Actuality of the API
16 Dec 2017, 03:17

Hi,

As the GitHub repo is quite old, without any updates recently (the API is still using protocol buffers version 2), I wanted to ask if there is an incentive for upgrades and changes: Migrating to PB version 3, API cleanup and so on. Is the API stable or still in flux?

Maybe you are aware of the DTC protocol (http://dtcprotocol.org/). It shares similar goals/ideas and is a free, open specification.
Any chance DTC and Spotware Connect could play together (or the developers behind it join forces) to build a free and open solution besides FIX/FAST?

Thank you.

@BeardPower
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
18 Dec 2017, 16:06

Hi BeardPower, 

We are currently designing Open API v2.0. Not all decisions have been made yet, therefore I reserve myself to answer your questions at a later stage. However the community's feedback will be taken into consideration seriously during design and development.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

BeardPower
18 Dec 2017, 17:19

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi BeardPower, 

We are currently designing Open API v2.0. Not all decisions have been made yet, therefore I reserve myself to answer your questions at a later stage. However the community's feedback will be taken into consideration seriously during design and development.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Hi Panagiotis,

I'm looking forward to your decisions.
API and protocol fragmentation is already a big issue in the financial industry, so both, clients and providers, will benefit from agreeing on a free and open standard. I think you agree with me when I'm saying, that FIX/FAST being a headache, as it's called a standard, but every provider is doing his own style.

Thanks for considerating it!

@BeardPower

depot051
09 Mar 2018, 17:17

RE:

Any progress or roadmap for Open API v2.0 ?

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi BeardPower, 

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@depot051

PanagiotisCharalampous
09 Mar 2018, 17:39

Hi depot051,

Open API v2.0 is currently under development. We hope that we will be able to announce more soon.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous