Payload type 51

Created at 24 Oct 2017, 03:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YC

ycomp

Joined 16.10.2013

Payload type 51
24 Oct 2017, 03:38

I received a bunch of payload type 51s.. I've never seen this before.

What does this mean? I can't find it documented in ProtoOAPayloadType

@ycomp
Replies

ycomp
24 Oct 2017, 03:42

pls ignore , it is the hearbeat event - I was receiving it before (just handling it better)

@ycomp

ycomp
24 Oct 2017, 10:09

I do have another question though...

what is the max length of the

clientOrderID

when placing an order request?

@ycomp

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Oct 2017, 11:04

Hi ycomp,

Order IDs are strings therefore there is no practical limit. Why do you need this information?

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

@PanagiotisCharalampous

ycomp
24 Oct 2017, 14:26

well, comments are also strings and my understanding is that they are limited to 100 characters. So I was thinking there might be some limit here also.

I need to track orders I send in order to prevent sending duplicate orders and I need a way to identify these orders once the trading api does something with them (fills them or cancels)

my current identifier can be quite long, so that's why I was asking.

if you know a better way of preventing duplicate orders being sent, please let me know.

@ycomp

PanagiotisCharalampous
24 Oct 2017, 14:47

Hi ycomp,

There should be a limit but I don't think it will affect you. If you keep your identifiers in reasonable sizes e.g. less than 50 characters, you should be fine.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

anthoniahenry4
11 Oct 2023, 09:11 ( Updated at: 11 Oct 2023, 12:16 )

need help integrating with javascript

i have been trying to integrate ctrader API to react native applications, but it has been very difficult because all the samples are ether in Python or c# so please i need help

@anthoniahenry4