Control Cbot with API

Created at 09 Jul 2017, 14:37
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
DA

davidp13

Joined 06.05.2014

Control Cbot with API
09 Jul 2017, 14:37

Hi. Is it possible to control the parameters and on/off state of a Cbot with the API?

@davidp13
Replies

Spotware
18 Jul 2017, 09:18

Hi davidp13,

Thanks for your question. No this is not possible to start and stop a cBot using Connect API. Could you tell us a bit more on what you are trying to achieve, in case we can propose an alternative solution?

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware

davidp13
18 Jul 2017, 10:00

RE:

I have a system that generates buy/sell signals outside of cTrader, however I open the trades on cTrader. The system is designed on US indexes, but not the 24hr contracts, but I trade the 24hr contract through cTrader. The trades open at US market OPEN and close out when the signal is true at US market CLOSE. I have built a cbot that i simply switch on/off with the time and volume specified based on  my signals, but I want to automate this. My issue seem the time I want to open the trades. I'm not finding a way to do it. I cannot simply create orders cause I cannot specify open/close time as an example.

I'm open to suggestions pls.

Thanks

Spotware said:

Hi davidp13,

Thanks for your question. No this is not possible to start and stop a cBot using Connect API. Could you tell us a bit more on what you are trying to achieve, in case we can propose an alternative solution?

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@davidp13

Spotware
18 Jul 2017, 11:05

Hi davidp13,

A suggestion would be to have an external flag e.g. written to a file, from where the cBot would read if it should trade or not. For example, if the file has a flag written as TRUE then the cBot should trade as if it was active. Else the cBot should not do anything. You can adjust the flag accordingly from an external source. Hope this suggestion helps.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware