Create my own bot in c# for automatic trading

Created at 17 May 2017, 16:20
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
BA

bagdoc2016@gmail.com

Joined 17.05.2017

Create my own bot in c# for automatic trading
17 May 2017, 16:20

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reading my concern

I want to create my own application in c#, in which i would like to do automatic trading with Forex

I would to create my own small software, you can say it a desktop application or a console application with c#

is it possible that if i use connect api in my code, i can do automatic trading with forex

If it is possible please anyone let me know, i will put my details that what actually i would like to do in this trading

waiting for your response

Thanks

@bagdoc2016@gmail.com
Replies

Spotware
17 May 2017, 16:27

Hi,

Yes it is possible to automate your trading using Connect API. You can learn how to implement trading functions using Connect API by studying sample project here https://github.com/spotware/Connect-API-ASP.Net-Sample. Feel free to ask more specific questions if you have.

@Spotware

bagdoc2016@gmail.com
17 May 2017, 16:30

RE:

Spotware said:

Hi,

Yes it is possible to automate your trading using Connect API. You can learn how to implement trading functions using Connect API by studying sample project here https://github.com/spotware/Connect-API-ASP.Net-Sample. Feel free to ask more specific questions if you have.

Thanks for the quick response, i am glad, following are my concern that i am looking for, in the mean time let me have a look on your provided link

my application will wait... until it detects 'fast movement' from the currency (up or down)

if the currency is moving down fast... it will sell, if it is moving up fast, it will buy...

as soon as the currency starts to slow down... it will close position. and wait for the next fast movement

the variables i want to set are:

1. movement speed required (to buy or sell)
2. movement distance required (to buy or sell)
3. time frame (used to determine time frame window average)
4. time frame window (this might be set to 1 minute for example, or 30 seconds, or 5 minutes, etc)

the 'average speed and average distance' will be determined by looking at the last time frame (for example, if the 'time frame' is set to 1 minute, and the bot decided that the average movement speed is 5x faster then normal... then it will understand that some big movement is happening with the currency, and it will take a position of buy or sell,

as it goes up or down, the bot will set a trailing stop loss of (X) variable,

and it will try to take as much of the movement as possible, until it his the trailing stop-loss,

@bagdoc2016@gmail.com

bagdoc2016@gmail.com
17 May 2017, 17:05

RE: RE:

bagdoc2016@gmail.com said:

Spotware said:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, i am glad, following are my concern that i am looking for, in the mean time let me have a look on your provided link

my application will wait... until it detects 'fast movement' from the currency (up or down)

if the currency is moving down fast... it will sell, if it is moving up fast, it will buy...

as soon as the currency starts to slow down... it will close position. and wait for the next fast movement

the variables i want to set are:

1. movement speed required (to buy or sell)
2. movement distance required (to buy or sell)
3. time frame (used to determine time frame window average)
4. time frame window (this might be set to 1 minute for example, or 30 seconds, or 5 minutes, etc)

the 'average speed and average distance' will be determined by looking at the last time frame (for example, if the 'time frame' is set to 1 minute, and the bot decided that the average movement speed is 5x faster then normal... then it will understand that some big movement is happening with the currency, and it will take a position of buy or sell,

as it goes up or down, the bot will set a trailing stop loss of (X) variable,

and it will try to take as much of the movement as possible, until it his the trailing stop-loss,

one more thing is here, is connect api free?
because i have ran the sample project, it asking me to log in ctrader?
so in short is this connect api is free to use in my application for automatic trading with forex

thanks

@bagdoc2016@gmail.com

Spotware
18 Jul 2017, 15:47

Dear Trader,

Yes Connect API is free to use. Still, you will need a cTID to use it.

Best Regards,

cTrader Team

@Spotware