Slippage

Created at 13 Apr 2017, 15:24
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YC

ycomp

Joined 16.10.2013

Slippage
13 Apr 2017, 15:24

1. What exactly is and how to use?

optional double baseSlippagePrice
optional int64 slippageInPips

in ProtoOACreateOrderReq

2. Can I use this to create a Market Order that will not be filled if there is too much slippage?

3. How can I test this on the demo platform? since I assume there will be no slippage

@ycomp
Replies

ycomp
13 Apr 2017, 15:38

also are 

ProtoOACancelOrderReq meant to be used only on non-market orders? 

@ycomp

Spotware
13 Apr 2017, 18:03

Hi ycomp,

1) slippageInPips.  It is the maximum slippage that you are willing to accept

2) baseSlippagePrice. it is this the price that slippageInPips takes as reference. When slippageInPips = 5 it means 5 pips from baseSlippagePrice

3) Do you mean Spotware's Demo or a Broker's Demo. It depends on the settings of the broker

ProtoOACancelOrderReq can be used on any order, but since market orders are filled instalty you can not practically using this.

@Spotware

ycomp
14 Apr 2017, 04:15

RE:

Spotware said:

3) Do you mean Spotware's Demo or a Broker's Demo. It depends on the settings of the broker

Broker Demo - right now I'm testing on Pepperstone, I never could get the sandbox to  work - so I use the Pepperstone broker demo. 

I guess I can just test slippage by setting the baseSlippagePrice away from the current market price

ProtoOACancelOrderReq can be used on any order, but since market orders are filled instalty you can not practically using this.

thanks, I just wanted to make sure sending a cancel request on a market order wouldn't cause problems

@ycomp