Refresh tokens

Created at 02 Apr 2017, 12:58
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
YC

ycomp

Joined 16.10.2013

Refresh tokens
02 Apr 2017, 12:58

Hello, according to this page:

https://connect.spotware.com/docs/api-reference/oauth-services-description

when you get the error message about access tokens, you should request new tokens

questions:

1. what is the error message / code that identifies the message as a "need to refresh tokens" message?

would it be one of these?

"UNKNOWN_ERROR"        
"UNSUPPORTED_MESSAGE"  
"INVALID_REQUEST"      
"TIMEOUT_ERROR"        
"ENTITY_NOT_FOUND"     
"CANT_ROUTE_REQUEST"   
"FRAME_TOO_LONG"       
"CONCURRENT_MODIFICATION" 
"MARKET_CLOSED"           
"TRADING_DISABLED"     

or something else?

2. does the refresh token itself ever expire?

@ycomp
Replies

mindbreaker
02 Apr 2017, 17:18

Save time (timestamp - php function: time() ) when you create token and then add expired time (286666) in seconds and you know wen token will expire (it is 30 days time).

@mindbreaker

ycomp
03 Apr 2017, 04:23

RE:

mindbreaker said:

Save time (timestamp - php function: time() ) when you create token and then add expired time (286666) in seconds and you know wen token will expire (it is 30 days time).

so I can just request a new token @ 29 days and all is good?

@ycomp

mindbreaker
03 Apr 2017, 12:01

RE: RE:

ycomp said:

mindbreaker said:

so I can just request a new token @ 29 days and all is good?

Even that day in which the token was generated (Always you can refresh token) old token will work until expire

@mindbreaker

ycomp
04 Apr 2017, 03:22

I'd still like to know how to handle the error message when the token is about to expire. That way I won't have to keep track of when the token was initially generated (which I would prefer not to have to do)

@ycomp

mindbreaker
04 Apr 2017, 21:49

RE:

ycomp said:

I'd still like to know how to handle the error message when the token is about to expire. That way I won't have to keep track of when the token was initially generated (which I would prefer not to have to do)

Test it! its my old token:
g0gjr3jzeaNqsPXx-AaHv6Ef_SH9E0jRoU8Ut03hmzw

{"error":{"errorCode":"CH_ACCESS_TOKEN_INVALID","description":"Invalid access token"}}

@mindbreaker

ycomp
05 Apr 2017, 10:31

RE: RE:

mindbreaker said:

ycomp said:

Test it! its my old token:
g0gjr3jzeaNqsPXx-AaHv6Ef_SH9E0jRoU8Ut03hmzw

{"error":{"errorCode":"CH_ACCESS_TOKEN_INVALID","description":"Invalid access token"}}

thanks - for me this was a stumbing block.. I didn't have any old tokens )

@ycomp

mindbreaker
05 Apr 2017, 12:10

Error messages (bottom of the page):

https://connect.spotware.com/docs/api-reference/accounts-api

@mindbreaker