API services down

Created at 29 Sep 2016, 14:44
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
RM

rmssf

Joined 08.06.2016

API services down
29 Sep 2016, 14:44

Hi,

Yesterday I have submitted an app for use with the api and it is still pending approval, can anyone tell how long it can take?

Also, the API services were down for about half an hour moments ago, both live and sandboxed, and even this forum was down.

Don't tell me, are all these services hosted in the same platform?

And how often does this kind of problems happen? I need to assess how reliable this service is.

Thank you,

Rui

ProtoMessage{ErrorResponse{errorCode:UNKNOWN_ERROR, description:Server error}}

@rmssf
Replies

tetra
30 Sep 2016, 04:35

RE:

When was that exactly?

Was the cTrader platform also down at that time?

rmssf said:

@tetra

rmssf
30 Sep 2016, 10:44

RE: RE:

It was 11:06 UTC when I first noticed.
No, cTrader seemed to be working fine and I haven't noticed even a reconnect, same with the FIX API, both working seamlessly.

tetra said:

When was that exactly?

Was the cTrader platform also down at that time?

rmssf said:

@rmssf

rmssf
01 Oct 2016, 19:15

I have to retract my suggestion that those 3 services are hosted in the same platform.

This post - sandbox-api.spotware.com returns 500 internal server error - shows a server error during authentication;
I got the error message - ProtoMessage{ErrorResponse{errorCode:UNKNOWN_ERROR, description:Server error}} - when attempting to authenticate with either sandbox-tradeapi.spotware.com or tradeapi.spotware.com;
This forum was down because it was redirecting to an authentication page (Login to cTrader ID) which was showing an error page.

So to me it seems now that the problem has been only with the OAuth authentication service.

I hope this helps.

Rui

@rmssf

rmssf
03 Oct 2016, 11:34 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

It happened again some minutes ago.

Both sandboxed and live Connect API were returning a server error message after sending the authorization request.

Login to cTrader ID was showing a server error page (see below). Started my cTrader desktop app and could not login also using my cTrader ID.

@rmssf