Open Positions fail to follow signal Provider

Created at 02 Aug 2016, 08:00
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JA

jaycob.bell

Joined 02.08.2016

Open Positions fail to follow signal Provider
02 Aug 2016, 08:00

Hello Spotware Team, 

When I opened cmirror today, I had 21 positions still opened but on the signal provider's account it showed all those positions to be closed. Can you comment in general terms why or how this could of happened? Does the server sometimes stop? Believe this is the first time it has happened in 2 months. 

My account was still mirroring the trader, I cant understand why my positions didn't close when the providers signals closed. Do I need a VPS to ensure my trades follow accurately?

Kinds Regards

Jaycob Bell

Jaycob.bell@gmail.com

+61 458821046 

@jaycob.bell
Replies

Stokes Bay
02 Aug 2016, 17:43

RE:

did the signal provider use partial-closes i wonder? see my earlier forum topic.

i dont think trades closed using partial-closes are mirrored. that was my experience last week.

jaycob.bell said:

Hello Spotware Team, 

When I opened cmirror today, I had 21 positions still opened but on the signal provider's account it showed all those positions to be closed. Can you comment in general terms why or how this could of happened? Does the server sometimes stop? Believe this is the first time it has happened in 2 months. 

My account was still mirroring the trader, I cant understand why my positions didn't close when the providers signals closed. Do I need a VPS to ensure my trades follow accurately?

Kinds Regards

Jaycob Bell

Jaycob.bell@gmail.com

+61 458821046 

@Stokes Bay

jaycob.bell
03 Aug 2016, 04:15

RE: RE:

It's possible I need to check all my other signal providers trades on the 1st & 2nd of August, if I can confirm there were other trades missed or closed with other providers during that time. then I would assume it wasn't a partial close order issue. 

@jaycob.bell