Set minimum margin available

Created at 31 Dec 2015, 06:57
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CL

cloesd

Joined 28.02.2015

Set minimum margin available
31 Dec 2015, 06:57

Please add feature like:

If available margin < % then do not mirror any signals.

This is because sometimes we mirror 2 signals on different timezones, but if both go to drawdown at the same time, then going to be margin called.

Need to make it so, if one signal is using % of margin, then other signal does NOT take trades. (or only takes trades until minimum margin is met)

@cloesd
Replies

Spotware
31 Dec 2015, 07:23

Dear Trader,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it. Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

@Spotware

merakibu
19 Mar 2016, 10:00

Thanks cloesd,

Dear Support,

For cmirror, I support the suggestion, or an alternative solution, as I face the same issue mirroring two strategies, and end up being bombarded by positions that eventually get stopped out due to margin. I tried reducing the % of trade volume mirrored, but that did not work when strategy provider took lower volume positions. If I can set a condition on how much of available balance can each mirrored strategy provider utilize, it would be great and eliminate positions created in time of insufficient margin being used.

I also tried stopping the mirror temporarily but that resulted in closing all mirrored positions. Not nice :-)

I searched on ideas/suggestion link if cloesd or any other trader has posted the same or similar suggestion, but could not find this issue.

If you are addressing this issue then kindly advise the link for the suggestion so I can follow up on the solution.

If not, Then I strongly suggest that you consider it, keeping in mind that such over utilization of available balance could still occur even if a trader were mirroring one strategy provider, not matter how much you set the percentage volume mirrored to.

Regards,

Tariq

@merakibu