cMirror commissions

Created at 27 Mar 2015, 09:22
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

8fold

Joined 27.10.2014

cMirror commissions
27 Mar 2015, 09:22

First of all, thank you for creating cMirror. It has a great potential. Also, as a side note, there should be a separate cMirror Support section. :)

I have tested it and I have a question regarding the crediting of commissions as a Signal Provider (SP). Unfortunately the broker (ICMarkets) does not provide support for cMirror.

Question: What percentage of the SP's commission (per million) gets credited to the SP's account?

I'm asking this because I've received less than 25%. Please see the following facts of my test:

1. Signal Follower (SF) (cTrader ID: sfychi | acc # 1014994) and SP (cTrader ID: 8fold | acc# 1014996 | cMirror name `Testing Signal`) are both on the same broker (IC Markets - Full Member Broker, according to cMirror)

2. SP's commission is $30/mil

3. SF copied 30 trades and payed $11.61 in cMirror commissions in 2 days:

- 23.03.2015: 11 trades and $4.66 total commissions

- 24.03.2015: 19 trades and $6.95 total commissions

4. SP's account was credited a total of $2.75, in 2 payments:

- TID 10690102 24/03/2015 00:01:00 Deposit $1.38

- TID 10818098 25/03/2015 00:01:00 Deposit $1.37

5. SF stopped following on 24.03.2015, after having copied 19 trades.

6. Nothing was credited to SP's account in the following days (26 and 27), I was expecting the difference.

So these are the facts. Kindly shed some light on this.

Thank you,

8fold

@8fold
Replies

8fold
04 Apr 2015, 08:35

Dear cTrader support,

I feel this is a very important issue, as it prevents people from using cMirror. Why is this topic being neglected?

It makes us feel you really don't care.

Thanks,

8fold

@8fold

Spotware
06 Apr 2015, 12:50

Our team is investigating this issue.

@Spotware

Spotware
09 Apr 2015, 11:51

We deeply investigated this issue and can confirm that there is an issue in cMirror. We will fix this bug as soon as possible and lost commissions will be credited to signal providers.

@Spotware

8fold
09 Apr 2015, 16:12

That is good news!

Please let us know when this issue is resolved. Perhaps in this thread.

Thank you!

@8fold

8fold
28 Apr 2015, 09:34

RE:

Spotware said:

We deeply investigated this issue and can confirm that there is an issue in cMirror. We will fix this bug as soon as possible and lost commissions will be credited to signal providers.

It's been a while now. I still haven't received anything and I would like to start delivering service but I cannot yet under these circumstances.

What are the updates on this?

Thank you,

8fold

@8fold

Spotware
04 May 2015, 11:04

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that the commissions issue was fixed and released this weekend. All missed commissions should be transferred to your Signal Provider's account.

Please check.

All further commissions will be fully transferred on regular nightly basis.

Sorry for inconvenience,

And thanks for your patience!

Spotware Team

@Spotware

8fold
05 May 2015, 07:37

RE:

Spotware said:

Hello!

We're glad to inform you that the commissions issue was fixed and released this weekend. All missed commissions should be transferred to your Signal Provider's account.

Please check.

Sorry for inconvenience,

Spotware Team

I have checked. The Signal Providers account stated above was credited an additional $5.29. However, I was expecting $8.86. This is not about the absolute values (as these are non-essential ammounts), but this was a test. Shouldn't the Signal Provider receive 100% of what signals followers are charged?

@8fold

Spotware
18 Jun 2015, 11:24

Dear Trader,

We apologize for this confusion, it appears you were not aware that Signal Providers receive 70% of the fees which they charge their followers. 

In the upcoming version of cMirror this fact will be clearly displayed. 

The previous bug which you highlighted was fixed and you were correctly remunerated. 

@Spotware

Hyperloop
18 Jun 2015, 18:03

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

We apologize for this confusion, it appears you were not aware that Signal Providers receive 70% of the fees which they charge their followers. 

The previous bug which you highlighted was fixed and you were correctly remunerated. 

Is there documentation anywhere publicly available for cMirror? It appears there is a lot of information left out regarding the payout structure; even brokers are confused. The cMirror Help Guide has barely any information.

@Hyperloop

Spotware
22 Jun 2015, 14:27

Dear Traders,

Please take a look at our updated cMirror help guide which now covers more topics: http://help.spotware.com/cmirror

@Spotware

Lummy_Keen
03 Sep 2015, 04:41 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Dear Spotware,

I do have followers and i did make some trades, but i wonder why didn't my follower copy my trades? In the red circle in the screenshot below, the mirrored volume is zero. Could you check?

Thank you.

@Lummy_Keen

Lummy_Keen
08 Sep 2015, 05:38

and most importantly, why am i not credited commissions?

@Lummy_Keen

Spotware
08 Sep 2015, 18:13

Dear Trader,

This could happen due to a number of variables. For example the mirroring traders don’t have enough margin to mirror those trades you are making. If they have other positions open or low leverage they won’t be able to mirror your trades despite cMirror telling you that they follow you.

@Spotware

Lummy_Keen
09 Sep 2015, 09:54 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

This could happen due to a number of variables. For example the mirroring traders don’t have enough margin to mirror those trades you are making. If they have other positions open or low leverage they won’t be able to mirror your trades despite cMirror telling you that they follow you.

But now according to the screenshot below, there are some mirrored volume, meaning the followers did follow my trades successfully isn't?

@Lummy_Keen

Spotware
09 Sep 2015, 15:04

Dear Trader,

Mirrored Volume is the total volume of your strategy that was mirrored.

@Spotware

Lummy_Keen
09 Sep 2015, 15:08

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Mirrored Volume is the total volume of your strategy that was mirrored.

Dear Spotware,

Thanks for your reply.

If it was mirrored, then why am i not getting any commissions?

Thanks.

@Lummy_Keen

Spotware
09 Sep 2015, 15:55

Dear Trader,

We see that you already received your commission.

@Spotware

Lummy_Keen
09 Sep 2015, 16:17

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

We see that you already received your commission.

Dear Spotware,

Thanks for your reply.

May i know how do i check and where do i check my commission?

Thank you

@Lummy_Keen

PaindooTrade
10 Oct 2015, 03:57

RE:

Hi there,

I have an issue with commissions on cMirror.

Account No: 8090035 Signal Provider
On this Signal Provider Account till yesterday the signals were provided for 17m @ 20 USD and only received a commission of £0.01.

Account No: 1017304 Signal Provider
On this account the signals are provided for 63.9m @ 25 USD but only received 37.47 USD in commissions.

On my account everyday the number of Signal Followers and the Mirrored total is increasing but the commission is decreasing.

The broker says they don't have any control on this. So can you please check this for me, 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards,

Sohail

Spotware said:

Hello!

Please check.

Sorry for inconvenience,

Spotware Team

@PaindooTrade

Spotware
13 Oct 2015, 01:10

RE: RE:

Dear Trader,

Could you please send us your Broker's names and the names of your Strategies in troubleshooting@spotware.com?

sohail.abbas said:

Hi there,

I have an issue with commissions on cMirror.

Account No: 8090035 Signal Provider
On this Signal Provider Account till yesterday the signals were provided for 17m @ 20 USD and only received a commission of £0.01.

Account No: 1017304 Signal Provider
On this account the signals are provided for 63.9m @ 25 USD but only received 37.47 USD in commissions.

On my account everyday the number of Signal Followers and the Mirrored total is increasing but the commission is decreasing.

The broker says they don't have any control on this. So can you please check this for me, 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards,

Sohail

Spotware said:

Hello!

Please check.

Sorry for inconvenience,

Spotware Team

@Spotware

Spotware
30 Oct 2015, 07:15

Dear Trader,

We have investigated your issue and we replied to you via email.

@Spotware

12 Nov 2015, 23:09

Mirrored Volume 100x lower than expected

Dear Ctrader support,

I have over a million capital being mirrored on the Golden Eagle Fund for a about time now. Nevertheless, each time I open / close a 1000 dollar order I generate something only in the order of 10.000 dollars on mirrored volume. It is 100x less than the volume expected (1 million), so there is probablly something wrong.

Please investigate this.

Regards,

Níkolas Lippmann Parerechi

@8081871

13 Nov 2015, 00:21 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Unpaid comissions

I have another doubt besides the one above (100x less volume than negotiated). I have not received any commisions yet and I have mirrored 163 k so far. On the broker / ctrader platform it doesn't appear anything on transactions or either on positions on the 8081871 account (golden eagle fund):

@8081871

Spotware
13 Nov 2015, 18:16

Dear Trader,

The mirrored volume was from demo accounts. You receive commissions only when you are mirrored by live accounts. In our next release, we will split the mirrored (total) field to mirrored total and mirrored live.

@Spotware

13 Nov 2015, 23:33

Comissions

Dear Ctrader,

The comisions are supoosed to appear under transactions?

From the 10 people which are mirroring everyone is from fake money?

I strongly sugest that if you are on demo you could only mirror demo money. We can build an algo to emulate the mirrored demo money operations on real money and we would not pay comissions for the main account.

@8081871

mindbreaker
14 Nov 2015, 12:52

RE: Comissions

Do you think that someone copies your position and that a demo account (total lack of concern) about the customer.

This is some deception is a whole copy signals.

Copy on demo and then to real account and nothing to pay.

There is no blocking demo accounts, and users in cmirror.

Poorly

@mindbreaker

septo.agung.laksono@gmail.com
14 Nov 2015, 20:11

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

The mirrored volume was from demo accounts. You receive commissions only when you are mirrored by live accounts. In our next release, we will split the mirrored (total) field to mirrored total and mirrored live.

agree sir, wise decision ..

@septo.agung.laksono@gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
17 Nov 2015, 12:43 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Well it is together. Demo and live accounts are not separated. How can we calculate our commissions such way?

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

mindbreaker
17 Nov 2015, 14:13

This post was removed by moderator.

@mindbreaker

vontogr(at)gmail.com
17 Nov 2015, 14:40

RE: RE: RE:

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

mindbreaker
17 Nov 2015, 16:02

RE: RE: RE: RE:

@mindbreaker

mindbreaker
17 Nov 2015, 16:04

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

@mindbreaker

vontogr(at)gmail.com
17 Nov 2015, 16:20

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

mindbreaker
17 Nov 2015, 16:26

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

@mindbreaker

vontogr(at)gmail.com
17 Nov 2015, 16:30

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

mindbreaker
17 Nov 2015, 16:36

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

@mindbreaker

vontogr(at)gmail.com
17 Nov 2015, 16:44

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
26 Feb 2016, 17:47

RE:

I provide signal for a fee so I do not want demo accounts to copy signal for free and then transfer trades to real account for free.

This was reported long time ago, why did you not fix it? This cripple the whole otherwise great platform

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
29 Feb 2016, 15:27

1013330 said:

I provide signal for a fee so I do not want demo accounts to copy signal for free and then transfer trades to real account for free.

This was reported long time ago, why did you not fix it? This cripple the whole otherwise great platform

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

I do not want account being copied to demo for free and than transferred via local copier to real. Will you address the issue or not??

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

algoforce
07 Mar 2016, 12:14

RE:

I provide signals and I do not see any mentioning of -30% commission to spotware. Is this still true? If so, you need to clearly state this when the provider offers the signals. 

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

@algoforce

Spotware
08 Mar 2016, 17:12 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Dear Trader,

Spotware retain 30% of the fees charged by all Signal Providers, unless the Signal Providers do not charge for their strategy then nothing can be taken.

It's stated in the "Commissions" section of the cMirror support site. You can find the link at the top right section of the cMirror window.

@Spotware

a.siegrist
14 Mar 2016, 01:10

ctrader id: a.siegrist

SP account:4060653

I have open commissions that have not been paid. the commissions are supposed to be always paid by 24 pm. I have not received payment yet. also with the indication of the performance is something wrong. in cTrader I have a performance of  47% on page cMirror I have only 25%, whats wrong? the mirrored(live) worth is also wrong.

please excuse my bad English

@a.siegrist

Spotware
24 Mar 2016, 12:55

RE:

Dear a.siegrist,

Could you please send us an email at troubleshooting@spotware.com providing us with more information regarding your issues and with some full screenshots showing them?

a.siegrist said:

ctrader id: a.siegrist

SP account:4060653

I have open commissions that have not been paid. the commissions are supposed to be always paid by 24 pm. I have not received payment yet. also with the indication of the performance is something wrong. in cTrader I have a performance of  47% on page cMirror I have only 25%, whats wrong? the mirrored(live) worth is also wrong.

please excuse my bad English

@Spotware

BlowMe
03 May 2016, 21:58

This post has been removed by moderator due to a violation of the EULA. Broker discussions are prohibited in cTDN.

@BlowMe

mrwillianto.li
15 Apr 2018, 04:54 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Commission is not Paid

Hi 

SP Account : 2017653

Broker : IC Markets

Apparently  I am having the same issue. 

My Trading Positions appear to be successfully mirrored , but yet I don't receive any commission 

@mrwillianto.li

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 10:34 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

RE: Commission is not Paid

mrwillianto.li said:

Hi 

SP Account : 2017653

Broker : IC Markets

Apparently  I am having the same issue. 

My Trading Positions appear to be successfully mirrored , but yet I don't receive any commission 

cMirror simply sucks. People are coyping the trades to demo fro free and then mirror them to real account. So you dont get paid and you cant even delete provider account when there are open trades.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Apr 2018, 11:55

Hi mrwillianto.li,

Thanks for posting in our forum. If you check your Volumes you will see that no Live account is mirroring you. Commissions are paid only by Live accounts, therefore you should not expect any commissions.

Vontogr,

When a demo account is mirroring another account then it cannot become a strategy provider at the same time. Therefore what you describe cannot be achieved, at least with the help of cMirror technology.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 12:00

RE:

Panagiotis Charalampous said:

Hi mrwillianto.li,

Thanks for posting in our forum. If you check your Volumes you will see that no Live account is mirroring you. Commissions are paid only by Live accounts, therefore you should not expect any commissions.

Vontogr,

When a demo account is mirroring another account then it cannot become a strategy provider at the same time. Therefore what you describe cannot be achieved, at least with the help of cMirror technology.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

It is of course achieved by another technology which I will not of course.

Though I have tested it. You guys should limit demo mirroring otherwise cMirror will nevet succeed.

Even though technology itself is good you lack the skill to make it really massively used platform.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

mrwillianto.li
16 Apr 2018, 12:08

vontogr(at)gmail.com said:

Hi mrwillianto.li,

Vontogr,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Though I have tested it. You guys should limit demo mirroring otherwise cMirror will nevet succeed.

Even though technology itself is good you lack the skill to make it really massively used platform.

Yes , I am absolutely agree, Demo account should be only mirroring to Demo Account.  it is unfair to allow demo account  to be able to mirror with Real Account

@mrwillianto.li

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Apr 2018, 12:09

Hi Vontogr,

I will pass your suggestion to the product team. I will keep you posted.

Best Regards

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 12:11

RE: RE: RE:

mrwillianto.li said:

Hi mrwillianto.li,

Vontogr,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Yes , I am absolutely agree, Demo account should be only mirroring to Demo Account.  it is unfair to allow demo account  to be able to mirror with Real Account

With all the issues with cMirror I left it.

I am using another provider paying me fixed monthly fee for signal.

I make like 20 times more than on cMirror. Without hassle 

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Apr 2018, 12:16

Hi Vontogr,

Thanks for your feedback, it is really vaulable. We will be soon releasing cTrader Copy. cTrader Copy will introduce major changes in the way mirroring is taking place so maybe you would like to give it a try.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 12:19

RE:

Hi Vontogr,

Thanks for your feedback, it is really vaulable. We will be soon releasing cTrader Copy. cTrader Copy will introduce major changes in the way mirroring is taking place so maybe you would like to give it a try.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Dear Panagiotis.

yor words are kind but I dont believe you respect any feedback.

Why? As I have reported serious issue with CTID login years ago. Nobody even investigated the issue nor fix it. But it is your problem, you are the one loosing the clients not me. So why would I push it.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 12:27

Hi Vontogr,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Dear Panagiotis.

yor words are kind but I dont believe you respect any feedback.

Why? As I have reported serious issue with CTID login years ago. Nobody even investigated the issue nor fix it. But it is your problem, you are the one loosing the clients not me. So why would I push it.

The issue persist here since 2015

/forum/calgo-support/8526?page=2

It was reported and documented and discussed. You DID NOTHING to fix it.

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

PanagiotisCharalampous
16 Apr 2018, 16:31

Hi Vontogr,

I am sorry that your problem was not handled as it should, when it should have been handled. I contacted the product team and we are investigating if the problem has been resolved in cTrader 3.0 Beta.  However, as you said, this happened a long time ago therefore I cannot comment on how something was handled when me and many of my colleagues were not in charge of this, as I am not aware of the circumstances back then. On the contrary, I need to highlight the fact that Spotware's management team has recognized that improvement was needed in our communication with the community, therefore it proceeded with the necessary changes and built the appropriate team, structure and procedures so that your feedback is considered in the best possible way.

As far as I am concerned, since the day that I am acting as the Head of Community Management, I always take all comments seriously and place all my effort in resolving your queries as fast as possible, while being your advocate inside the company. I reply to all your questions, I investigate any issues reported and pass all suggestions to the relevant product teams. I believe that many other community members can confirm that this is happening consistently over the last year. If I have missed some of them or if I have not put the appropriate attention to any of your feedback, I assure you this was not intentional.  Concluding, I would like to reassure you and all members of this community that we are committed in continuous improvement in all levels and I am strongly convinced that this is evident in the way our products and services evolve.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 16:38

RE:

Hi Vontogr,

I am sorry that your problem was not handled as it should, when it should have been handled. I contacted the product team and we are investigating if the problem has been resolved in cTrader 3.0 Beta.  However, as you said, this happened a long time ago therefore I cannot comment on how something was handled when me and many of my colleagues were not in charge of this, as I am not aware of the circumstances back then. On the contrary, I need to highlight the fact that Spotware's management team has recognized that improvement was needed in our communication with the community, therefore it proceeded with the necessary changes and built the appropriate team, structure and procedures so that your feedback is considered in the best possible way.

As far as I am concerned, since the day that I am acting as the Head of Community Management, I always take all comments seriously and place all my effort in resolving your queries as fast as possible, while being your advocate inside the company. I reply to all your questions, I investigate any issues reported and pass all suggestions to the relevant product teams. I believe that many other community members can confirm that this is happening consistently over the last year. If I have missed some of them or if I have not put the appropriate attention to any of your feedback, I assure you this was not intentional.  Concluding, I would like to reassure you and all members of this community that we are committed in continuous improvement in all levels and I am strongly convinced that this is evident in the way our products and services evolve.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

dont take it personally. I have been project manager for years [working on projects for Microsoft, Sonny Ericsson, Hewlett Packard, etc...] so I know the staff.

The thing is you should have bug database, whatever you name it.

In such database you should have status and importance for each bug.

So regardless the personal changes you should keep and process all important informations.

Needless to say you should use your clients as testers.

You should do bug testing and bug fixing on your side prior to release. But I am sure you know that.

So the question is why dont you manage your product the proper way?

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

vontogr(at)gmail.com
16 Apr 2018, 16:39

Hi Vontogr,

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

Panagiotis,

dont take it personally. I have been project manager for years [working on projects for Microsoft, Sonny Ericsson, Hewlett Packard, etc...] so I know the staff.

The thing is you should have bug database, whatever you name it.

In such database you should have status and importance for each bug.

So regardless the personal changes you should keep and process all important informations.

Needless to say you should use your clients as testers.

You should do bug testing and bug fixing on your side prior to release. But I am sure you know that.

So the question is why dont you manage your product the proper way?

Needless to say you should use your clients as testers. ... you should NOT ...

@vontogr(at)gmail.com

mrwillianto.li
26 Apr 2018, 08:33

Change Cmirror fee

Hi,  is it possible for me to change the Cmirror Fee after I have gain some subscribers or followers who has mirrored their live account to my trading account ?

@mrwillianto.li

PanagiotisCharalampous
26 Apr 2018, 11:01

Hi mrwillianto.li,

It is not possible to change the fee after you start providing strategy. If you want to change the fee, you need to stop providing the strategy and re-create it with the new fee.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous