Question about accounts on cCopy

Created at 28 Nov 2018, 11:21
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
CE

Cenenti

Joined 28.11.2018

Question about accounts on cCopy
28 Nov 2018, 11:21

When I log into cCopy I can see all my live and demo accounts with the various brokers listed on the lefthand side in the Copy section. When I however go to the Trade section I can only see the demo account from Spotware in the dropdown box on the top right.

Is there any plans to change this so that all accounts will appear there so everything is in one place or am I missing something?

At this stage it feels like cTrader is all over the place. I have accounts with 4 different brokers and for each I need their cTrader platform and with cCopy its the same case.

It would be much better if one can just have one desktop copy of cTrader where all accounts can be accessed and the same for the online cCopy.

@Cenenti
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Nov 2018, 11:32

Hi RustyNomad,

Since each broker has his own cTrader platform, you can only trade with the accounts of the broker owning the cTrader platform you run. cTrader Copy is a cross broker application and allows you to create subaccounts using any account of any member broker and follow strategies from the same or another broker. There are no plans to change this at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

Cenenti
28 Nov 2018, 11:36

Thanks for the reply, it makes sense.

It would however be nice if one could just, for example, select the broker in a dropdown box on the desktop version and then select the required account with said broker instead of having to open another platform.

@Cenenti

PanagiotisCharalampous
28 Nov 2018, 11:48

Hi RustyNomad,

I get your point and I understand the benefits of this approach however it contradicts with our business model at the moment. cTrader is a white labeled solution and allows brokers to customize their clients experience. Each broker tries to differentiate the offered services hence you will notice differences from cTrader to cTrader. Merging all brokers under one cTrader will eliminate this possibility.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous