Stop Mirroring but keep current positions.

Created at 07 May 2018, 11:33
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

irmscher9

Joined 22.12.2016

Stop Mirroring but keep current positions.
07 May 2018, 11:33

Hi there.

Stop Mirroring but keep current positions

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvJJop5QTya7gYQZoPqkwT5M4a6aJA

I always was wondering why there's no such option in cMirror when I was about to Stop mirroring someone. Can we have one? It would be super useful!

Cheers :)

@irmscher9
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
07 May 2018, 17:34

Hi irmscher9,

Soon cMirror will be replaced by cTrader Copy. In cTrader Copy, mirroring will take place using dedicated subaccounts where any other form of trading except copying will not be allowed. Therefore such a feature will become irrelevant.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous

irmscher9
07 May 2018, 19:19

Yeah, OK. But what I I would like to STOP mirroring someone but the Unr. P&L is in minus. 

I want to stop the signals so that no more new positions are opened but also don't want to suffer a loss when STOPPING mirroring. What should I do then?

@irmscher9

PanagiotisCharalampous
08 May 2018, 09:23

Hi irmscher9,

There is nothing you can do. You either trust the signal you are mirroring or.not. When you exit a strategy, you realize any P&L and cash out. It works in the same way as it would work if you invested your money in e.g. an investment fund. When you decide to exit, you cannot just take your stocks, bonds etc and walk away. You realize the value of your investment at the specific time and receive the equivalent amount.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous