cMirror - dangerous copy platform which breaks your account

Created at 28 Dec 2017, 10:26
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
AL

ales.sobotka@gmail.com

Joined 17.08.2017

cMirror - dangerous copy platform which breaks your account
28 Dec 2017, 10:26

Hi,

apologies for this title yet that is the fact. Here are 2 key features which makes cMirror the worse copy platform on the planet:

1) There is no Feedback button so one cannot read any opinion / experience of others so the only way how to check it out is to actually start copying some trader. Honestly - that is 1 day of coding...

2) Yet once one discovers that it was a bad choice then there is NO WAY to unplug without closing all positions!!!!!!!!!

As I discovered once I tried to stop mirroring a bad trader I get this message:

"In order to stop mirroring the strategy "XYZ", the following positions will be closed with a market order". Great - so I need to accept all lossing positions in order to unplug from the feed of bad trades ????

I cannot even take it over to go and manage the disaster myself = unplug from the bad trader, keep trades open and then manage them myself. 

I cannot really comprehend this logic...

Apologies for this outraged message yet I have posted far more decent comment some months ago with zero reply. Yet now I also have a broken account with it...

Any comments are welcome. 

Cheers, Ales

@ales.sobotka@gmail.com
Replies

Stokes Bay
28 Dec 2017, 11:36

I thought you could use a demo account to follow a strategy? Following a strategy with real money without doing you own due diligence is not a good idea.

There is information on number of current followers and money following, real and demo, on each strategy so I would take that as a good guide.

A feedback button is open to misuse and awfully subjective. 

It is a case of: buyer beware.

@Stokes Bay

ales.sobotka@gmail.com
28 Dec 2017, 14:19

Well yeah, I used a demo account for quite some time, trust me. And guess what - at that time it was making money. Yet since I moved to the live account the Signal provider either went crazy or whatever and since then most trades are losses with now having - 3 000 pips floating loss !!! and if I decide to unplug, which I really would love to do, then all pending Losses gets realized. How crazy is that ? 

@ales.sobotka@gmail.com