CMirror slippage

Created at 22 Sep 2017, 08:53
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
TR

trungnga999c

Joined 04.09.2017

CMirror slippage
22 Sep 2017, 08:53

Hi,

I have been trying to copy the below signals;

Signal Provider = info@tradingarg.com 

Signals = "0.10 3"  & "0.10 4"

The signal provider seems to be getting consistent 3-5 pips profit whereas I have been getting all slight losses...

Why is this happening & are you able to do anything or suggest anything to improve the situation?

I have contacted my broker IC Markets but got no meaningful/helpful response.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Trung Nguyen.

@trungnga999c
Replies

PanagiotisCharalampous
22 Sep 2017, 09:51

Hi trungnga999c,

Your broker is the most appropriate to give an answer to this question. However, I can highlight below some points you should have in mind when following signals and seeing such deviations in execution.

1. Do you use the same broker as the signal provider? Different brokers might offer different liquidity and pricing at the same moment resulting into different execution price.
  2. Do you have the same account type? Different account types might have different spread and offer different commission, affecting again the execution price.
  3. Do you trade the same volume? Larger volumes might lead to larger slippage.
  4. Execution time. Unavoidably, signal followers will execute their trades after signal providers, therefore there is always the possibility to get worse prices.

I hope that the above helps you clarifying the situation.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous