Take Profit for Multiple trades one pair (e.g. EURNZD 5 multiple trades)

Created at 04 Aug 2016, 15:38
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
JO

joesekororo

Joined 04.08.2016

Take Profit for Multiple trades one pair (e.g. EURNZD 5 multiple trades)
04 Aug 2016, 15:38

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there is code out there that has been developed that I can change multiple Take Profit with one input (that is if I want to target T/P of 1.5500 I will only need to punch in 1 price and changes are made to all open tickets for that pair & I don't have to input one price at a time). The same will apply to S/L. I know MT5 will aggregate all trades for the same pair and consolidate to one price. See picture below.

@joesekororo
Replies

... Deleted by UFO ...

06 Aug 2016, 16:51

RE:

There might be a few ways:  

(1) is to do a definite pip-position, the other is to have an overall account $ value for take profit:

I have tried this to find an average entry point of all positions, and then set a limit order:  

// now recalculate average entry point;  then setting a limit order for each position
            // average entry +/- target;
            double _avrgE = 0;
            double _lotsE = 0;
            double _Numm = 0;
            double _tbP = 0;

foreach (var position1 in Account.Positions)
            {
                _avrgE = _avrgE + (position1.Volume * position1.EntryPrice);
                _lotsE = _lotsE + position1.Volume;

if (position1.EntryPrice > highest_level)      {highest_level = position1.EntryPrice;}
                if (position1.EntryPrice < lowest_level)        {lowest_level = position1.EntryPrice;}
            }

// tradetype = buy;
            if (DD == 1)  // this is an overal value of direction of trade;
            {
                _tpB = Math.Round(_avrgE + Symbol.PipSize * _takeProfit, Symbol.Digits);  //I had a pip size set to the _takeProfit variable
            }

// tradetype = sell;
            if (DD == 2) //ditto
            {
                _tpB = Math.Round(_avrgE - Symbol.PipSize * _takeProfit, Symbol.Digits);  //ditto
            }

// modify 
            foreach (var position in Account.Positions)
            {

Trade.ModifyPosition(position, null, _tpB);

}
        }

@1007601