How to get price and time of objects (basically lines)

Created at 12 Jul 2016, 13:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
ZU

zumzum

Joined 24.11.2014

How to get price and time of objects (basically lines)
12 Jul 2016, 13:18

Hi :)

I'm trying to figure out how to get price or time of a line to build a trading manager for manual trading.

In MT4 I would use ObjectGet and specify which value I want to assign to the variable like this:

Getting High Price at time where my vertical line is:

HighPrice = iHigh(NULL,0,(iBarShift(NULL,0,(ObjectGet("VerticalLine", OBJPROP_TIME1)),false)));

Getting Price at a horizontal line:

EP1 = ObjectGet(EntryLine1Name,OBJPROP_PRICE1);

I'm struggling with the API reference to find something. Any idea where to look for or a code snippet would be great.

Cheers

@zumzum
Replies

Spotware
13 Jul 2016, 17:05

Dear Trader,

Please be advised that you can Draw the  lines with using ChartObject.DrawLine function. You can then refer to the respective objects. /api/reference/internals/chartobjects/drawline 

@Spotware

jani
30 Nov 2019, 22:39

ChartObject.DrawLine definition missing

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Please be advised that you can Draw the  lines with using ChartObject.DrawLine function. You can then refer to the respective objects. /api/reference/internals/chartobjects/drawline 

Hello,

Can you please tell me where the API reference for ChartObject.DrawLine is?

The above url /api/reference/internals/chartobjects/drawline you posted above is not valid  and returns:

The server returned a "404 Not Found".

I tried to search everywhere and could not find anything.

@jani

PanagiotisCharalampous
02 Dec 2019, 08:47

RE: ChartObject.DrawLine definition missing

jani said:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

Hello,

Can you please tell me where the API reference for ChartObject.DrawLine is?

The above url /api/reference/internals/chartobjects/drawline you posted above is not valid  and returns:

The server returned a "404 Not Found".

I tried to search everywhere and could not find anything.

DrawLine() is obsolete and not supported anymore. Therefore it is not included in the reference. You should use DrawTrendLine() instead.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis

@PanagiotisCharalampous