Do these chart objects only work in realtime with robots?

Created at 22 May 2013, 08:17
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!

lec0456

Joined 14.11.2012

Do these chart objects only work in realtime with robots?
22 May 2013, 08:17

I tryed using:

ChartObjects.DrawVerticalLine("Weekend"+MarketSeries.OpenTime[t0].Date, t0, Colors.Yellow,1, LineStyle.Dots);

with a robot but I did not see anything during backtesting.  Do these chart objects only work in realtime with robots?

@lec0456
Replies

cAlgo_Fanatic
22 May 2013, 15:38

ChartObjects are not supported on the backtesting chart for the time being. It will be implemented in the future.

@cAlgo_Fanatic

spacemonkey
10 Jul 2014, 17:27

Any news on this topic?

Thanks

@spacemonkey

Spotware
10 Jul 2014, 17:35

No, ChartObjects are not supported on the backtesting chart.

@Spotware

trend_meanreversion
23 Dec 2015, 15:44

RE:

Spotware said:

No, ChartObjects are not supported on the backtesting chart.

Is it possible to use ChartObjects in cbots. I have a bot which draws arrows on each bar ( it might draw a buy or sell arrow or nothing ) and it works fine till the time chart is running. But if i turn on the bot and go back to see the code and come back again on the chart screen , then all the previous buy/sell arrows are gone and any incoming bar still draws the arrows correctly.

I saved the signals of buy/sell/nothing (1/-1/0) in an IndicatorSeries and charting the entire array on each incoming bar Open, but still any old bar after refresh of chart is not updating those arrows in the chart. Do you tell me what is going on ? 

@trend_meanreversion

Spotware
23 Dec 2015, 15:59

Dear Trader,

You have the ability to use ChartObjects in your cBots. Using chart objects in real time should work fine. They are not supported in Backtesting. Could you please send us a video showing your issue at troubleshooting@spotware.com or post a link.

@Spotware

trend_meanreversion
25 Dec 2015, 03:14

RE:

Spotware said:

Dear Trader,

You have the ability to use ChartObjects in your cBots. Using chart objects in real time should work fine. They are not supported in Backtesting. Could you please send us a video showing your issue at troubleshooting@spotware.com or post a link.

Hi Team,

I am facing the issue only in cAlgo application but when i turn on the same Bot with chartObjects on cTrader , it works perfectly fine. Unfortunately, the video is too big to send but since i am going to use the bot in cTrader , i am fine with it at this moment.

Cheers

@trend_meanreversion