MarketData.GetSeries(_symbol2, TimeFrame) loop

Created at 30 May 2016, 18:16
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
OM

OMNIAFLUIT

Joined 24.11.2015

MarketData.GetSeries(_symbol2, TimeFrame) loop
30 May 2016, 18:16

Hi

when my program finds an asset like UK100 on today (open market but no data because today is holiday in UK) the "MarketData.GetSeries(_symbol2, TimeFrame)" runs in a loop to infinity.

I don't know how I can avoid this problem.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike

@OMNIAFLUIT
Replies

MRSV
30 May 2016, 18:45

RE:

michele.carofiglio said:

Hi

when my program finds an asset like UK100 on today (open market but no data because today is holiday in UK) the "MarketData.GetSeries(_symbol2, TimeFrame)" runs in a loop to infinity.

Mike

You could make a method that checks if the current day is a holiday, an add if(isHoliday()== false).

@MRSV

OMNIAFLUIT
30 May 2016, 19:25

RE: RE:

MRSV said:

michele.carofiglio said:

Hi

Mike

You could make a method that checks if the current day is a holiday, an add if(isHoliday()== false).

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I'm looking for a method from cAlgo for check if the asset is considerable or not. This is because I have found other assets whit same problems (like SEKJPY exists in ctrade but no data) and I have informed Spotware without answer. I have flagged these assets and the program doesn't work them. This is not fine for me.

Mike

@OMNIAFLUIT

Spotware
31 May 2016, 10:11

Dear Trader,

As said in the email we have sent you, could you please provide us with more information regarding your issue?

In addition, could you please reply to us in the email and tell us your Broker's name and Account type?

@Spotware