Can't access the code of my bot anymore?

Created at 20 Mar 2016, 20:19
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
NE

Neptune

Joined 13.06.2015

Can't access the code of my bot anymore?
20 Mar 2016, 20:19

Around 8-9 months ago I developed a personal bot in cAlgo that I absolutely adore. To this day I'm very happy with the bot however I just went to edit the code and realised that I'm not allowed to see it. I remember this being a problem when attempting to transfer the bot to another computer so I ended up just coding it all on the one computer.

Recently that computer was reformatted and although I still have the bot I'm unable to edit it in CAlgo or even see the code. I'm devastated right now, is there anyway I can get access to my own work... If I'd known it was going to be like this I would have backed up the code in notepad.

Any help is much appreciated!

@Neptune
Replies

kricka
20 Mar 2016, 20:48

Hi Neptune,

you need to check that the subfolders to the cbot, that it has the same name as the cbot itself. If for some reason it has changed you need to rename the subfolder.

Give you an example here.

Market Order 1.0.algo (encrypted)

Market Order 1.0 (subfolder)

It's a bummer if after your hard work you have lost the subfolder. Without it you can't edit the cbot.

@kricka

Neptune
20 Mar 2016, 21:01

The subfolder is Loooooong gone. I just backup up the .calgo file and the rest is formatted (twice and in a way to completely prevent the recovery of any of the files). I wouldn't be able to send the file to a staff member here in order to access my code would I? The bot had a line of code in it that scales up the amount of profit it should take based on a formula I can't remember for the life of me.

@Neptune

Spotware
24 Mar 2016, 15:56

Dear Trader,

We don't decompile the algo files. We cannot assist you on this matter. For your information, decompiling and reverse engineering is prohibited. 

@Spotware