How long do you think this might be stable?

Created at 23 Feb 2016, 20:42
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
GD

GDPR-24_203122

Joined 02.10.2015 Blocked

How long do you think this might be stable?
23 Feb 2016, 20:42

Hi   :-)

I've run hundreds of hours of tests with my 3GHz computer for different bots and have made a few test bots myself, and also modded some of the free bots here. I'm looking for a bot that gives stable results. I always test with 1000€ starting capital, 45/million commission, and tick data. Here is the results for the bot I'm testing now, and these are the best results (for stable gain, last 25 months) for the bot, and definitely not false results as they are evenly spread upon time. What do the pros think? How long could this still be profitable?

Should I trust the bot with these settings, or first optimize the bot for maybe 3 months (it's +520€ for 3 months optim.) and again optimize every week or so, for the last 3 months, or what? Any suggestions?

This bot uses MA to place trades and little bit of martingale when a certain dd is reached.

Stablest parameters backtest results, 25 months

Replies

mindbreaker
24 Feb 2016, 09:57 ( Updated at: 21 Dec 2023, 09:20 )

Strategy contest 300% bots - https://www.dukascopy.com/strategycontest/?language=pl

Hi, in this period (your backtest)

one position 30 000 account 1000$ earn this:

Why write a robot so earns less than one position ???? (You can add pendings every 500 pips and earn much more)

In your cbot More broker earnings than you.

@mindbreaker

GDPR-24_203122
24 Feb 2016, 12:56

Well the commission is about 100€ actually. I need to have a bot that makes profit from the fluctuation of the market, because it changes all the time. Holding 1 position for ever doesn't get you anywhere and it's difficult to decide when to close it, no matter if it's positive or negative :P

mindbreaker
24 Feb 2016, 14:55

:)

So what ilpoj,

if there was no need to wonder.

Better earn 10 000$ than 2 000$ (doing nothing and not guarding anything).

You're wasting your time like I used to. If you set positions only on levels of 500 pips (you've got to think very rarely - especially eurusd, a currency for slowpoke )

In this week only 3 days i earn only 2 500$  on 1 lot.

Have a nice day.

@mindbreaker

GDPR-24_203122
24 Feb 2016, 21:23

RE: :)

mindbreaker said:

So what ilpoj,

if there was no need to wonder.

Better earn 10 000$ than 2 000$ (doing nothing and not guarding anything).

You're wasting your time like I used to. If you set positions only on levels of 500 pips (you've got to think very rarely - especially eurusd, a currency for slowpoke )

In this week only 3 days i earn only 2 500$  on 1 lot.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for your tip Mindbreaker!

That sounds good but what if it goes the opposite direction? What do you mean you don't have to worry about it?

PS: By the way I got an insight today on how to smooth the "ride" and made an overhaul on the system and am now testing new code.I'll post later in this thread, how it goes... Looks promising! 

Good luck in your trades, and have a nice day!