How to launch cBot instance programatically?

Created at 15 Oct 2015, 15:18
How’s your experience with the cTrader Platform?
Your feedback is crucial to cTrader's development. Please take a few seconds to share your opinion and help us improve your trading experience. Thanks!
LU

lukepoga

Joined 15.10.2015

How to launch cBot instance programatically?
15 Oct 2015, 15:18

I would like to programatically launch a cBot instance for each symbol. I do not want to spend many minutes manually clicking the cBot name, then clicking the symbol, then clicking the start button for every symbol!!!

So I would like to either have an option to start a series of cBots on application launch, or be able to create instances from the OnStart() method of another bot like below:

protected override OnStart()
{
   foreach(Symbol symbol in symbolList)
   {
      cAlgo.LaunchInstance("cBotTrader", symbol);
   }
}

Please advise if you have a way to do this.

Luke

@lukepoga
Replies

Spotware
15 Oct 2015, 22:42

Dear Trader,

Currently we don't provide users the ability to create instances for cBots or start cBots programmatically. We will consider providing it in the future. Additionally, you can post your ideas/suggestions to http://vote.spotware.com/

@Spotware

kricka
16 Oct 2015, 01:16

We all want it and need it!

This is a very important feature and should be of the highest priority by the Spotware team to solve. We all want it and need it!

If there is a restart on our VPS or on the local computer we are in deep problems, especially if we are not around to start the platform and the robots manually. It should of course be an option in cAlgo or cTrader to handle this automatically, to start the platform and the desired robots. 

@kricka

lukepoga
16 Oct 2015, 10:59

2 years and all your features yet noone has thought that an algo trader would want to launch a bot programatically?

@lukepoga

lukepoga
16 Oct 2015, 11:01

Its a basic requirement of any forex API. 

@lukepoga

sue.bugg
01 Jan 2022, 01:27

Was anything done about this

Hi, was anythng ever done about this? I want my 1HR cBot to start a 5min cBot with specific instance name.

Eg AUDUSD 1 HR chart has cBot running. If all logic in this is met, I don't want it to trade, but I want it start the AUDUSD cBot on the 5 min chart. Say it's instance name is "S1AU"

Can this now be done? 

Thanks

Sue

@sue.bugg

amusleh
03 Jan 2022, 09:15

RE: Was anything done about this

sue.bugg said:

Hi, was anythng ever done about this? I want my 1HR cBot to start a 5min cBot with specific instance name.

Eg AUDUSD 1 HR chart has cBot running. If all logic in this is met, I don't want it to trade, but I want it start the AUDUSD cBot on the 5 min chart. Say it's instance name is "S1AU"

Can this now be done? 

Thanks

Sue

Hi,

Why you need such a feature? I don't get this at all.

Can't you put the logic of your 5 min cBot inside your 1h cBot? If conditions met in your 1h cBot then it will execute the logic of 5 min cBot.

Why you want to make it more complicated?

You can access different time frames data inside a single cBot/indicator instance, you don't have to run multiple instances to get multiple time frames data.

You can also access other symbols data, not just the current symbol other time frames data.

@amusleh

PanagiotisCharalampous
03 Jan 2022, 09:17

Hi Sue,

No, you cannot start an instance programmatically at the moment.

Best Regards,

Panagiotis 

Join us on Telegram and Facebook

@PanagiotisCharalampous

sue.bugg
03 Jan 2022, 10:36

RE: RE: Was anything done about this

amusleh said:

sue.bugg said:

Can this now be done? 

Thanks

Sue

Hi,

Why you need such a feature? I don't get this at all.

Can't you put the logic of your 5 min cBot inside your 1h cBot? If conditions met in your 1h cBot then it will execute the logic of 5 min cBot.

Why you want to make it more complicated?

You can access different time frames data inside a single cBot/indicator instance, you don't have to run multiple instances to get multiple time frames data.

You can also access other symbols data, not just the current symbol other time frames data.

Hi Amusleh

I'm not meaning to complicate things, I just have very limited knowledge of coding. My 1HR logic is different to the 5min logic. I'll look into it and see if I can figure out how to use multiple timeframes

Thanks, Sue

@sue.bugg